The Racism thread

There’s an awful smugness about a lot of Kerry folk. They get sad and melancholy when they go beyond the county border because they’re no longer in “the kingdom”. This bit of bad press won’t do the paddy whack types hanging around the back roads of Killarney waiting to pounce on a Brit or a yank in the hope of getting a hefty tip that can be pissed up against the wall of some Irish theme bar in the Kill-awr-nee cbd.

I wouldn’t know many players out side of ex man united players that played before 2003/04 bar the really famous ones. I think match of the day is far bigger in Middled Aged posters eyes. I seriously doubt many in Ireland watch it anymore. Ian Wright probably has his best days before the epl?

It is extremely odd. Not sure I have seen a case like this before. I’m sure he will get a chance to explain himself.

He may well have been hacked, but he won’t be able to prove it.

I’m genuinely surprised if he knows who Ian Wright is. why would you racially abuse ian Wright ? It seems very odd.

Looks to me like he did it more for a dare or a bet

It sure is. We have had plenty of anecdotal evidence all evening that people under age of 30 know who Ian Wright is. Fair enough. But why even Ian Wright in the first place.

It’s very likely he was hacked.

If he was, and it was one of his mates who got hold of his phone, they deserve a good slap.

Again to @TheBird point if he was hacked he would have got an email of a log in on a new device. A simple screenshot would clear it up

1 Like

He’s admitted to it

That’s a bizarre story but not surprising given it’s Kerry. An awfully racist place. Kerry people are the Australians of Ireland.

2 Likes

I predict the young fella will go down the “I was depressed/angry when I sent those messages which I now deeply regret” route. Might claim the lockdown affected his mental faculties too.

What could do charge him with? Incitement to hatred? Malicious communication?

There was a lad who was convicted a while back for abusing a few well known women on twitter like Sinead O’Carroll in The Journal. A TFK poster had a picture of the convicted chap up as his avatar for a period I remember.

And he’s admitted to it since

The Kerry lads, @TreatyStones and @Julio_Geordio, have gone to ground.

7 Likes

Anyone who would have followed football in the 90s would know Wright was a phenomenal goalscorer. Top drawer. The Wrighty and Brighty partnership for Palace was a brilliant combo

This is an accurate summation.

Most football fans know wright as an SPL reject

3 Likes

Ask poor auld @Chocolatemouse god rest him

:smile: An emergency meeting of the Mitchell’s commattee required, stat.

I’ve no idea who Ian Wright is.