The rise of lab grown meat

out my hole yeah

How’s your libido mate? Have your nipples become enlarged and firm at any stage?

Your phytoestrogens are probably elevated.

I sure there’ll be a fine grant for it too.

60% but you need a FETAC Level 6 in Biochemistry.

Watch fresh water supplies deplete as people start devouring highly salted lab grown meat. An ecological disaster awaits

We need to save the world from deforestation for meat production by replacing it with deforestation for soy production.

1 Like

We could just eat less and have the added benefit of combating the obesity epidemic.

walking around any Irish town and the amount of obese people of very high

There’s wimmin at the school gates here who look like they ate the meat and the lab it grew in

2 Likes

I’d always eat what I was served as a guest alright. So would the kids. I only meant what we buy ourselves, either at home, or in a restaurant. I’ll eat chicken of any sort once it’s fresh enough, but seeing fish cages first hand, bleh.

Same here.

The chicken cages are every bit as bad. Certain creatures have evolved in certain ways. Bees can live in a hive. Not chicken and not most fish.

I grew up with hens, bantams, guinea fowl and ducks. Shot rabbits and pheasants and pigeons. Caught trout. Meat of any sort was a treat in the parents’ generation (both born 1945) and into the young part of my own life in the 1970s and '80s. Meat as a treat – and I am not anti meat across the board, because some conditions (deserts, salt marshes) are not conducive to any agriculture but livestock – is far far healthier than meat as a default option.

The great thing about liver and offal in general – if you like it, as I do – is that you simply cannot eat that much of it (and therefore cannot eat too much of it). Most mainstream meat now has little flavour, leading to eating for the sake of eating. One of the reasons I love venison is that a small enough amount of it is plenty, because there is so much flavour. Same for game in general. How many people could eat two woodcock? No one I know – and I am pretty greedy at the table. Too much flavour, despite the bird being so small.

4 Likes

Depends on whether the soya comes from Japan or from the USA (and its satellites). 90%+ of American soya is GMO and dodgy. There is nothing to say organic soya from Asia is harmful.

Again, though, eating lots of the same thing all the time is never a good idea.

Add pigs to to that also. Stressed animals build up cortisol, we consume it… is there any studies on this I wonder?

Of course. They say intensive pork – Denmark in particular – is worse of all, for precisely the reason you note.

A friend’s nephew rears a few free range pigs on a tiny scale in County Waterford on a small holding. One thing I would never eat, this long time, is a pork chop. Nearly all of them taste like sawdust. Anyhow, a couple of years ago, that friend insisted I have a couple of chops off one of his nephew’s pigs. He knew my aversion but insisted. And he was right. That pork was like a difference in kind rather than a difference in degree to the usual stuff.

While not in general a great meat eater, I do like, off and on, Fermanagh Black Bacon and Coolanowle organic rashers. Whatever else, they just taste a million times better.

4 Likes

The in laws have a similar set up. The pork is completely different to commercial pork. It actually has a taste and a colour.

1 Like

jpeg

1 Like

unless you are rearing the animals yourself, you’d want your fucking head examined to be ateing meat in this day and age

3 Likes

Roadkill is the only safe thing to ate these days

1 Like

Touché!

Lab grown meat has no soya

Keep up

1 Like