The Roaster Thread

Heā€™s gay

At least Britney Spears was the right age to pull off that look.

2 Likes

Too Good not to post this despite being delighted for tipp today.

1 Like

Isnā€™t she from omagh

Ah stop,Iā€™m getting homesick

1 Like

Donā€™t think so. Cliona is from Tyrone, what a woman.

1 Like

A real Pope Francis liked this on Instagram bang off it.

2 Likes

Could this absolute shite of music unite both crowds up North? Would the Orange lads March to Cliona and Nathan?

2 Likes

Apparently, along with the orangemen, the names mentioned all share an affinity for the flute

1 Like

1 Like

Thatā€™s a lovely grey blazer

The fella on the right had the head of a Thunderbird.

2 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/CIls7kTjYL5/?igshid=1xmwpzmauunbh

I heard one of the finest roaster stories / yarns again recently on a trip to Murphys in Brandon. There is a well known sheep farmer called peter who used to drink there on a regular basis. You couldnā€™t really understand what he was saying but the locals spoke highly of him. They used to say him and his auld fella were one of the few sheep farmers in the area that didnā€™t kill their dogs when they couldnā€™t go up the mountains any more.

Any way Peter used to go on serious benders after the lambing Season had finished. Maybe arriving on at 12 in the morning and putting down a 9 or 10 hour shift. This would include 13 or 14 pints and any number of shorts. Heā€™d also maybe takeaway a few cans with him when heā€™d head off home on his quad bike.

There was two other key things about peter. You wouldnā€™t really know He was pissed drunk whether he was on his first drink or his last drink. It didnā€™t have much effect on him at all. He mightnā€™t know what was going on around him but you couldnā€™t tell.

The other one and unusual for a sheep farmer in his mid 60s was that he had a huge interest in films including modern ones. There was a girl working in dingle that used to pick up DVDā€™s for him And bring them back to him.

Anyway a few years back peter was well into one of his post Lambing sessions in the pub on a quiet Wednesdays evening when who walks in the door only cillian Murphy (no relation) but a semi regular in Brandon. He was with dara o brien and few of them actor comedian types. Paudie the Owner of the bar was sure to introduce peter to cillian as he was a fan. Anyway they went at it proper hard for the night. I think Murphy was carried out of the place for a finish. Paraplegic from liquor.

Murphy is a bit mad but a very decent fella. About a year later he was sitting down by the fire in Murphys again very early on a Saturday. After an hour or two who walks in only the sheep farmer peter. Fresh and sober. He proceeds to sit down in his usual spot and start drinking. Anyway cillian spots him and greets him ā€œwell peter howā€™s thingsā€. They exchange a few more words and Murphy heads down to his friends. A few hours pass and the Paudie the owner of the pub notices peter isnā€™t drinking and is very quiet so he asks him is everything ok.

Peter calls Paudie over and says: ā€œyour man below there is that your man the actor?ā€

Paudie says ā€œyep it is Cillian Murphy.ā€

Peter says ā€œhe was in the wind that shakes the barley ?ā€

Paudie says yep.

Peter says ā€œhe was in that film inception?ā€

Paudie says ā€œhe was peter.ā€

Peter says ā€œhe is in that new batman film?ā€

Paudie says ā€œhe is I think.ā€

And then peter says: ā€œhow the fuck does he know me?ā€

He didnā€™t remember their previous session together :joy::joy::joy:

27 Likes

Good yarn there. I enjoyed it. Murphy seems a thoroughly alright sort

1 Like

Is Cillian Murphy the sound fella who drinks around Dingle a lot and chats away to all and sundry on one condition, no photos allowed?

Would you be a big fan of Dingle?

I love it more than you would ever know.

The best days of my life were spent there.

Cillian Murphy is a regular in some of the old, proper pubs in Dun Laoghaire

Iā€™m glad you enjoyed it.