The Rugby Thread (Part 2)

If they can get Frawley into the team as a kicking option, Barrett should go to 10.

A bang average out half would be a step up on Harry Byrne

Ross is a long way ahead of Harry at the moment and I havenā€™t seen anything that suggests that is going to change ā€¦pity because HB has the size etc needed

The reality is that all them Leinster lads are stuck in a comfort zone living around Clonskeagh/Ranelagh/Booterstown close to family/UCD and value that over testing themselves elsewhere in a new culture.

5 Likes

I was listening to James Tracey there and heā€™s actually a better pundit than I predicted.

I was surprised how dismissive he was off Frawley being a number ten going forward.

FOTF Barry Glendenning stuck the boot into Leinster Rugby beautifully on this weeks Football Weekly. It was glorious.

https://twitter.com/joenaconnacht/status/1796496969617289455?s=46

Heā€™s given up the fags too.

Some week for him.

Pityā€¦my prediction? Sam P will not be the Leinster no 1 by Xmasā€¦he will be targeted mercilessly and is not yet a strong enough defender to face the best opposition

1 Like

Looks very skinny for a rugby player.

Hard to blame Prendergast but I felt like it was a good move even for a season loan. It canā€™t be understated how bad of a coaching ticket Connacht have at present though.

2 Likes

Id agree with you tbh.

Did you watch the squidge review?

Interesting he mentioned him Ross byrnes kicking contestables all game and refusing to kick long to the Toulouse back three to give them a counter attacking opportunity.

I wonder do the lads announcing Frawley as the future realise that.

I didnā€™t watch the squidge video he is v good but the comedic efforts annoy me too much

Iā€™d say Byrne was following orders alright. The ten is always going to be the scapegoat really and tbf the game plan was probably somewhat dictated by Byrnes skill set which limited them ā€¦but kick the points is the long and the short of it for me

Ya heā€™d nearly give you epilepsy with it

1 Like

I think hes miles off being being physically ready for the demands week in, week out top level 10.

Keeping him in leinster another year, building him.up and giving a bit of gametime is the right course.

Throw him off on loan season after as, if he went now, hed be starting 10 at connacht and just dont think hes physically ready for a full season.

1 Like

I donā€™t think anyone suggested his kicking is the problem.

Sorry I was alluding the gils point pre game about kicking long to Toulouseā€™s back 3.

Byrnes ability to kick high and get that hang isnā€™t as easy as it looks.

With Frawley on the field from the start they canā€™t execute that game plan which did slow down Toulouse in fairness.

Frawley has a monster boot.

Itā€™s just his handling and passing, not that it is necessarily bad, just whether it is good enough for Leinster. A year at Connacht and youā€™d know exactly where Frawley was as a ten.

So theyā€™re picking him on the basis of his ability to the ball up into the air really high?