The Rugby Thread (Part 2)

If only it was that simple.

I’m only going off what you were saying.

I didn’t say that.

Quitter

Frawley also that habit of constantly getting involved in rucks when he doesn’t need to as well which left Leinster short a few times on Saturday.

They must have no faith in him at all the way it’s playing out.

some end to this saints sarries match

The boy Farrell goes out on his shield.

2 Likes

Great game. lawes is some player

An absolute monster. Still physically wrecking teams

1 Like

Munster let Ulster come straight back up the field after getting ahead. Sloppy enough display so far, and looks like they’ve gotten on the wrong side of the ref already too.

Ulster holding their lead fairly comfortably here, aided by Munster being unable to string more than three phases together

The bomb squad makes an immediate impact, gap is back to three

Munster 26-24 up now inside the last six

Bench made huge impact. Backrow in particular was massively improved by subs.

Casey at 9 was absolutely brutal for large parts of the match today. He will not enjoy reviewing the tape of that match back.

1 Like

Casey doesn’t appear to be improving much.

1 Like

Agreed.

URC looking more interesting than ever this year.

Munster put a great run together to get top spot. First 15 is strong enough but injuries could hit hard. Home advantage is definitely a big help but you’d wonder is there a signature performance from the last few years that genuinely scares the other contenders. What is there peak level?

Bulls having a QF and SF in Pretoria at altitude is a massive advantage. Even Leinster won’t like that. That being said they most likely have a big travel week if they get to the final and none of the other big teams would mind welcoming them to their own patch.

Leinster def have the deepest squad and the highest potential. While they lost the H-Cup final it was a clear level above the URC. That being said the concerns are a route to the trophy that would involve travelling to South Africa and then away to the final. Also, after the disappointment of the final loss can the playing squad refocus properly to deliver a level of performance the others prob can’t reach.

Glasgow will be dangerous for any team but I’d question can they get it done in a big match - particularly somewhere like Thomond. Ulster are on an up but RDS away against a full Leinster 15 is prob to big an ask - similar with Benetton in SA.

Competition is in great fettle though which is great to see

Long road for the Leinster lads indeed; this league and the then a brutal tour to South Africa neither of which they will get much thanks for winning. I wonder should Ireland give a few lads a rest this summer. The likes of Furlong doesn’t need to be going about on hard ground and at altitude when the time they really need him is the spring of 2025.

2 Likes

Paddy Patterson with a clear run would be interesting. Casey’s judgement isn’t hectic.

1 Like

Are Frisch and Nankivell both out altogether now?

1 Like