The Rugby Thread (Part 2)

Use Vpn and pick anywhere on mainland and you can watch on that

1 Like

Northern hemisphere master race confirmed

Surely England beat Fiji and makes it 5/5 NH wins against their counterparts.

Unreal going.

I for one will be rooting for the SH in that particular clash.

1 Like

Be a great result for us as would see us top the group most likely

Can’t see it tho. Mud fest there and the Fijians are better suited to a dry fast track

I’d agree with that. No way the attacking player should be allowed to lead with the head…it was absolutely terrible defending though…notwithstanding the dip from gleeson the defender got his head on the wrong side and put it somewhere he had zero chance of making a tackle. If gleeson hadn’t dipped into it he would have got a clatter of his hip

1 Like

You would know much better than me but I think all the danger there comes from the ball carrier. If the ball carrier was upright it would increase the chance of a turnover too, so it seems a rule around it would make the game both more exciting and safer.

He turns his head and leaves his left cheek into his shoulder in a completely exposed position. He never tried to wrap his arms he was literally just trying to be a speed bump … brave but just poor technique. I’m absolutely convinced that three quarters of all head injuries come from poor technique from either tackler or carrier…

It would definitely make the game safer if you could stop the dipping but need to avoid carrier being a sitting duck as well…too upright and you have whiplash …if the roles were reversed here and the smaller player carried into gleeson upright he would get buried…

Irfu bringing in tackle line at sternum next season at all levels below pro. Not convinced it will make that much difference tbh

1 Like

Sorry but they’re exhausted and not thinking straight. You can’t expect them to even be in the right frame of mind to do the right thing there. Rugby in its current guide is deeply flawed and gravely dangerous to all

1 Like

Some tournament. Italy beating the hosts today and Georgia beating Argentina. Ireland are fine. Beat Fiji and they’re through.

Rubby has never been as competitive

Italy missed about ten conversions in their first 2 matches of this years six nations u20. Games they berely lost including against the stand out team of the wc France . Please God we see this translated up to senior.

Even Georgia - what a win today. Even last weekend losing 33-24 to SA in SA is something to be excited about. Argentina hammered Italy too so stalins boys are no mugs

2 Likes

They need to extend the u20s 6 Nations to include Georgia and Romania.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/jamiewall2/status/1674551910093959170?s=46&t=3dkoDtDtBjNbfb6fbNY8_Q

Henry’s son. A nephew of manu. Some dynasty.

1 Like

He was involved in another try where he had lads hanging out of him for about 20 metres. Even when they looked to have stopped him, he lorried on

Scored 2 tries, setup at least 1 other

3 Likes

A bit of old saxophone for your work out.

https://twitter.com/irishrugby/status/1674786325277573122?s=61&t=ywRfELeDxVX6PcFItqXOXw

https://twitter.com/jimhamilton4/status/1674454947155390478?s=46&t=z7RQvhmSJFrPNrBrA47Jkw

Yet all the experts will tell you those types of team talks are no good.

1 Like

They work the odd time but you wouldn’t want to be relying on it!

Used sparingly, can be very effective.