The Rugby Thread (Part 2)

Delighted to see a November Test International help youngsters discover the arts.

Soldier Field by @patmccarry has a run of dates in Sallins and Naas leading up to the eighth anniversary of Anthony Foley's passing.

Proceeds go to Orla’s Wild Ways, Mid-Western Cancer Foundation, Irish Rugby Charitable Trust and CRY. pic.twitter.com/fFbBwTyCwX

— Murray Kinsella (@Murray_Kinsella) September 24, 2024

By Jaysus is there anything the team of us can’t do…apart from get beyond the quarter finals of what is essentially an 8 team tournament

1 Like

1 year on. I’m sure everyone remembers this date.

Nevermind, it was yesterday. We all remembered it quietly to ourselves no doubt.

https://twitter.com/robkitson/status/1839042570741244223?s=46

Ooh a HOT TAKE

https://twitter.com/Zonal_Marking/status/1839262195709890991

That will play will with the anti rubby footixes

I can tell how much Coxy is hurting over the RFU’s state of affairs but it’s always darkest before dawn in rubby union.

Can’t believe Coxy hates rugby so much.

1 Like

Fair play for putting on a on a NZ accent to say this

4 Likes

Any stats association soccer head is generally to be avoided at all costs.

5 Likes

Isn’t Cox a wanker?

1 Like

Some of us have veen saying it for years. The english and french clubs greed will be the downfall of professional rugby

I see that Tector lad is playing again tomorrow, he looked like he’s put on about 4 stone last week. Could see him having his breakthrough this year and playing for Ireland.

That and the brain damage

No one involved will remember that

1 Like

Looks like Leinster vs Munster is heading for a sellout. 65k tickets sold already.

Will that mean that rugby will account for 2 of the top attendances at matches in Croker this year? I suppose it’s a nice bit of support to offset declining GAA attendances

3 Likes

Let’s wait until it sells out before making bold predictions.

Be like talking about winning a World Cup before you win a quarter final.

1 Like

For club rugby to really work imo you need British and Irish league.

South Africa, Australia and New Zealand back together plus the top 14.

You could have a world club league then with the top four from the 3 leagues plus maybe two Japan teams
And maybe then 2 next best or something.

That way you could save Welsh and Scottish rugby as they’d love playing the English sides.

You’d bring the whole game under the one season so the best Aussie players could still play with their nation.

1 Like

There used to be a zonal football crew on TFK. Twas untold the shite they talked

Is Scottish rugby fucked too…their small number of sides are decent enough

The welch love the idea of an Anglo Welch league but they will be bate out the gate in that as well and won’t be many travelling from Llanelli up to Sale on a Friday night

2 Likes