The Rugby Thread (Part 2)

No one ever went broke betting on Irelands bandwagon culture.

1 Like

Does anyone know if you can watch catch-up or pause or record the emerging Ireland game on Irish rugby plus. My oul fella is watching it but needs to go to the jacks.

You can watch it in full afterwards anyways I heard.

What a tour for us Emerging Ireland Rubby Football diehards. Hugh Gavin, Culhane and Matty Devine are serious operators.

ā€œoparatersā€

Gavin might have the most Jes head Iā€™ve ever seen.

1 Like

A season defining game for Connacht up in Ravenhill. Expecting a disappointing narrow loss.

Is Carty not on the field there? Horrendous kick from Ioane

Shocker of a kick. Bonus points gone now

Not to mention the brainless red card

Must have been a short month. He had a hat-trick up in 15 minutes off the bench vs Clermont last night

Couldnā€™t get over that. Yer man is a recently qualified doctor but might be the most pig ignorant rubby player Iā€™ve seen in ages.

Brutal result anyways. Complete implosion after the disallowed try in the second half.

They have him first 5 games of season off

Ridiculous impact off the bench then last nt

Apparently he is looking to play a few games at 13 this season as wellā€¦ constantly challenging himself

Edward Jenkins on X: ā€œWhile travelling in the early 2000s, I met many Irish folk. If ever I raised the subject of rugby football, Iā€™d be met with reactions ranging from indifference to hostility. 20 years on, rugby has replaced GAA as Ɖireā€™s national sport. What a turnaround! https://t.co/Ew0cQkgrInā€ / X

Love how this well informed Scottish chap declares ā€˜20 years on, rugby has replaced GAA as Ɖireā€™s national sport. What a turnaround!ā€™.

It is in its flute - that 80k crowd at Croke Park was full of people just mad for a day out - how many of them follow their local rugby club?

The mediaā€™s indulgence of Irish rugby over inflates its popularity

2 Likes

Theyā€™re trolling you pal. Try not be dragged in.

3 Likes

Iā€™ll wait on the Year End Nielsen Ratings before drawing any conclusions

Some lads are fierce rattled by a Walsh Cup equivalent match getting 80k spectators. Youā€™d probably have 81k badwagoners at most All Ireland finals these days.

1 Like

GGA still has the numbers for young age groups but most parents use it out of convenience as itā€™s established & itā€™s good for kids to get used to mixing in groups. But numbers are falling away drastically now as you go up the age groups & more & more folk realise itā€™s essentially a muldoon cult & means to keep FFG & the church in control of Irish society. Plus the games are absolutely shite. I certainly donā€™t envisage either of my lads being involved in GGA beyond under 10s & weā€™ll be introducing them to proper pursuits over time.

The gaa should be like Rome in Ireland but instead itā€™s like mk dons.

Utterly ruined by a gravey train.

The majority went for food and pints :rofl:
How embarrassing

1 Like

Independent Pizza of Drumcondra was like the Red Cross trying to hand out thin crust pepperonis to the starving Southsiders and Limerickmen. Doesnā€™t surprise me lads were willing to risk food poisoning for a Croker hot dog.

1 Like