The Rugby Thread (Part 2)

ROG on the phone to Farrell non stop id say

lol

Oh lad you can put that in your notebook under facts

Zero chance. Wouldnā€™t happen at that level. If anybody got wind of it would totally undermine the management.

No bother lad :+1:

Would agree except for Murray, heā€™s been back to his best the last month or so hopefully he can keep it going through the WC

Do you know what i completely agree with you. This issue always occurs in RWC year as fellas werent let go off the national panel after the previous world cup. It has bitten ireland enough now. Hodnett not included is a strange one to me too. Hes a fine player

2 Likes

How nuicifora is still in a job after offering van graan a new job is beyond me.

He could have cost Ireland because if five or six of those younger Munster lads had another season under their belts theyā€™d be massive assets to Ireland.

You are correct about hanging on to lads post World Cup too.

Furlong is fucked as well.

2 Likes

I think aki is signed up for another year. Lowe as well.

Iā€™m a massive Hodnett fan. He was absolutely outstanding for Ireland at his u20 RWC and a savage consistent performer for Munster

But there wasnā€™t one person saying he should be in an Ireland squad a month ago. He hasnā€™t done anything in the last few weeks he hasnā€™t been doing all season, just proven he can do it on a bigger stage.

I definitely think he should be in the training squad but Iā€™m not sure itā€™s the slam dunk decision people are making out. Odd the lack of 7s in the squad alright but I would never have expected him to be going to RwC

His time will come yet. Lacking a bit of size but he has an unbelievable engine and he is a brilliant carrier.

1 Like

Would you leave furlong at home from the world cup?

Course not. Heā€™s knackered alright but they couldnā€™t have done much more to mind him really

Nope you canā€™t but heā€™s utterly fucked. Bizarre Leinster left him on so long v La Rochelle.

Sure your man lost them the game when he came on red aside he was fucking atrocious.

Id say the week of drink is taking itā€™s toll on hodnett here

True but furlong couldnā€™t move. You could see for a La Rochelle break he could only walk and that was five minutes half time.

They got sold some pup with that lad alright. Heā€™s on big money too as well isnā€™t he?

Yep but when a lad is rolling like that you just keep letting him roll. He mixed it with van der flier well I thought v Leinster. Not sure he could do much more.

He doesnā€™t seem to have any airs or graces about him either he looks the type that would just cease his chance.

Iā€™m still surprised stocdale is in the squad. Youā€™d think Daly would be Farrell type player.

1 Like

Wouldnā€™t have a clue really but a TH can command a fair premium alright

Whatā€™s really catching him is Baird and Beirne will probably both go so less back rows needed in the squad

No idea why Stockdale is there. Maybe just trying to coax him back to form because at his best he was a good player just been fucked with injury

Like the likelihood of sexton and furlong playing those four key games to win a World Cup is slim Iā€™d say.

Youā€™d wonder will Crowley start the warm up games now.

I said it after 2019, Earlā€™s murray and sexton were done, as regards you need to look forward 4 yearā€™s. Bod and darcy played until 2014, injuries in the centres cost ireland at the 2015 world cup. Payne snd hensaw had very little experience playing in the centre together is one example. Anyone over 30 shouldnt be given a new central contract immediately after a RWC is my point of view

2 Likes