The Rugby Thread (Part 2)

How are France a better team than Ireland?

2 Likes

They’ve won a World Cup quarter final?

4 Likes

An argument that Ireland don’t pick players available to other nations is certainly a novel one if you run a quick eye over the backs…

1 Like

But not since 2011. I’m not sure that’s relevant anymore?

In more recent history both teams got knocked out at QF in the recent World Cup. Ireland have won the last two 6 nations including beating France comfortably both times

@mikehunt patrols this thread, reading the nitty gritty of Irish rugby, just so he can drop that line on the regular. Grim existence.

1 Like

It’s quite enjoyable actually. I will admit I am easily amused though.

1 Like

It eats away at them

https://twitter.com/jim_demps/status/1776546760145416547?s=46

Larkhams brumbies are flying
Hammering waratahs here who aren’t much use but brumbies are very well drilled

He was the most exciting appointment / signing for me in years.

But he hadn’t the interest or else just hated van gran.

What makey uppy rules?

Frisch / Kleyn ones.

They are all made up really. Couldn’t have two niq players in the one position etc.

Those rules are in place for years. They were set up very clearly in the Schmidt era. Each province allowed two NIQ and one project player. And if one province has a player signed in one position then another province can’t sign a player in that position - they’ve broken this rule by letting Leinster sign Snyman though.

Why do you think Munster have gone to such lengths to sign Irish qualified players in recent years. The likes of Farrell, Haley, Frisch, O’Brien.

They aren’t rules do. They are policies at best.

Leinster have 3 NIQ

https://twitter.com/munsterrugby/status/1776582678973747487?s=46

Snyman has been some financial black hole

5 Likes

Jenkins and ?

Snyman you bollocks

1 Like

Hmm you’re right. Maybe it’s three so. I can’t find a copy of or reference to those rules anywhere but they were often referred in recent years. Perhaps I’m wrong and they’re no longer in place.

It still makes sense not to allow one team have two NIQ second rows though.