The Rugby Thread (Part 2)

I didn’t forget them. Both were gone by 2010 ffs, which was the point.

I’ve added Hines to the list.

Who do you think has had the best overseas players since 2010?

Also pre 2010, which was the point.

Already responded to you on this one.

You did, you reminded me about CJ O Stander.

Munster

Great to see the man prioritising experience over cash.

There we go.

Sure im not arguing that point at all.
Twudnt bother me if Leinster never again won a match but all the advantages they have now they created themselves

But the 2009 cut off is a pile of bollox…when Leinster needed players they got them. When Munster and the others needed them they are getting them . Munster recruitment has been very average…you forgot the likes of Grobler and Jenkins

Ulster got coetzee and afoa and lealifano too…ye got contepomi gopperth …there has been loads in and out across all provinces it’s a stupid argument

3 Likes

David Howell

Spot on. Ulster have gotten a load of truly world class recruits. Munster have gotten some great players but without the impact they’d have hoped for cause loads of them were injured most of the time.

1 Like

I wouldn’t rule out another Toulouse ambush in the final.

The analysis of the Leinster v La Rochelle game is hilarious. Very similar to the Irish team in the World Cup v South Africa and New Zealand.

Totally delusional.

Leinster beat up a punch drunk La Rochelle who have been wobbling for months now.

I heard one lad say rog got it wrong and it was an ego trip to bring them to cork and that they could have stayed in carton house instead of fota island.

2 Likes

It could have made all the difference :smile:

Toulouse could go into that final as favourites it wouldn’t be related to a shock IMO if they won it

Donal Lenihan was on radio he said LR did no training in Cork just walking through strategy and plays etc…15 mins was all they did at full throttle in the week. Maybe a different approach would have had a different result but I doubt it…a tough game in SA back to France to fly to Ireland and play a top side a few days later…tough gig

1 Like

I’d have thought La Rochelle were legless.

I doubt they could do much.

You need to refresh the thread.

We were specifically talking about where Munster put their resources and why they fell into financial difficulties from 2011ish onwards.

Money has been used from external investment to pay for players, but not into the core.

The IRFU had to become the lender of last resort, and the rest of Irish rugby had to defer other investments.

I also mentioned Ulster and agree they have been a bigger mess.

I’d also point out that like with @BruidheanChaorthainn’s ignorance of how underage has been turning for Munster, Ulster have been poor.

Leinster and Munster are having competitive games through the ranks. Ulster have been choppy the last few years. They are also lagging in 1A and 1B in the AIL which is needed for younger players to take the next step into and beyond the Academy.

No Tim you’re in total denial. You’ve pointed out absolutely nothing. Only made a clown out of yourself.

Nobody in the world can compete with the money pumped into the private schools.

Leinster harvest these lads for their academy.

They make up of the bulk of the Irish 19/20s sides again getting the benefits of the elite coaching.

That happens year in year out and what will happen is Leinster will begin to make up the bulk of the Irish team.

And what will happen they’ll 85 percent of the central contacts.

It’s a self fulfilling prophecy.

Leinster are now basically the bank. The best players on central contracts and freely allowed reinvest the money on the best players around the world.

It’s virtually impossible for anybody to break the circle in Ireland bar somebody starts signing blank cheques for the bones of 15-20 years.

You see it in every sport.

https://twitter.com/leinsterrugby/status/1780944374215700954?s=46