The Rugby Thread (Part 2)

https://x.com/jim_demps/status/1781228373655654867?s=46&t=hy6wc4bLZMiyfotc20UniQ

Another Leinster front row headed to Munster

Will that be four on the books?

Do you actually believe that?

Do you think it was Cork because that’s all they could find on hotels.com?

I don’t think it made much of a difference to the result other than wind up Leinster (team and fans) to an even greater extent than they were already. If he thought it would invigorate his own team then it didn’t work clearly. Good for the ego in the week leading in though :+1:

I’d imagine o gara has connections to fota island. Trying to find a hotel for 50 plus lads can’t be easy and it would surely be cheaper than carton house.

I find this sort of stuff crazy.

Two years ago Munster went to extra time v Toulouse and Toulouse had to come back to face Leinster 7 days later. You could tell they were absolutely knackered.

The idea that it’s an ego trip is odd. Leinster were raging hot favourites four times in knock out games v La Rochelle and 3 times o gara came out on top.

It screams over confidence by Leinster again and Irish rugby again.

1 Like

They did a deal in advance they wouldn’t be charged for the hotel if they didn’t win in SA. May not have been available that many places

1 Like

You spent much of the week saying Leinster structure with CCs, private schools etc was unfair and it was taking the competition out of it all. Fans will switch off because Leinster are too strong.

Now you’re suggesting Leinster got a handy win against a wrecked LaR outfit, are over-confident as a result and will get their comeuppance.

You’re all over the place.

In reality I think it’s a whole lot of cope from you after watching Leinster win and that you fucking hate that. I’m here all day for that - hook it to my veins :raised_hands:

3 Likes

no.

Last week was what everyone expected.

It doesn’t change the fact o gara absolutely stitched ye up twice in two finals.

Leinster have left at least two European cups behind since 2018.

I expected leinst to hammer La Rochelle.

That’s jolly decent of Leinster

He’s a smashing player, surprised with it.

Another product of the famed St Michael’s academy.

That’s just how sport goes with year in, year out knockout games. Munster gave a kicking to a Leinster in 2006 and Leinster returned the favour in 2009.

Ulster are rumoured to be taking three Leinster players into their academy including Richie Murphy’s son who has turned down Leinster. Likely a smart choice given the 10 stocks.

2 Likes

Lovely player at 20s level be surprised if he is good enough or big enough to make it

1 Like

Small frame alright. The brother is going very well at scrum half for Leinster. You can tell they’re coaches sons, all the fundamentals done right.

1 Like

I’ve never ever bought into this theory at all. If you don’t acknowledge the mistakes you’ll keep making them.

Leinsters last five eliminations were similar enough. A total lack of respect for the opponent and they suffered sucker punches up front.

Last Saturday was not some sort of coaching victory for Cullen or grand planing coming together. It was a victory against a side they were vastly superior to on paper who’ve had a lot of travelling and have generally looked a tired outfit in a lot of games. Age wise we’ve seen the best of this La Rochelle side. I think Leinster ended up 13 points favourites.

O gara has left very little behind him trophy wise with La Rochelle compared to Cullen and Leinster. That’s already been forgotten by the blue eyed media. This bizarre idea o gara was out thought by Leinster is comical. He’d no hands left to deal. It wasn’t an ego trip to go to cork. It was bloody cost cutting.

We saw similar delusion at the World Cup. Stevie wonder could see sexton was finished with 15 to go v New Zealand. Ireland could have been down to 14 and it wouldn’t have made a difference.

What was the post game commentary? It was the correct decision to leave sexton on and everyone immediately move on from that topic. Farrell should have been nailed to the cross over the horrendous decision but in Irish rugby circles you just gloss over the things that go wrong like they didn’t happen.

And that’s why they repeatedly happen.

Compare that to South Africa who whipped their out half before half time v England and won the World Cup.

Are you new to this or something, that’s just how it is in Irish rugby. Win a couple games they’re the best in the world and all the players are world class and we have the best coach in the world. Sure you do it yourself. Lose and they are never ever criticised. Brave in defeat, up against it, refs calls went against them, what a team sure they never stood a chance against mighty South Africa or Japan or whoever it was. That’s just Irish rugby commentary, it’s all bullshit.

1 Like

If I recall correctly I warned you after the South Africa game that South Africa were clearly holding back and you dismissed the theory off hand.

You should have a look at chasing the sun 2.

There was a stat after the World Cup that Leinster and Ireland players lost the RWC final, two URC semi finals and two ECC finals over the space of 18 months by a cumulative 10 points.

Kicks going off the post, an idle shin…at least two could have gone the other way.

In that time Ireland also beat South Africa twice by the slimmest of margins. Both could have gone against them. Same with the Six Nations, what happens if Stewart doesn’t get sent off?

We seem to grossly overestimate this notion that players are bottlers, overconfident etc. They’re professionals. They have good days and bad days on occasion.

Leinster could easily have lost this one at the time.

Likely would have won this if not for Madigan’s madness.