The Saturday/Sunday Game Thread

Tis the West Brit in them. They want to be like their association football counterparts across on the mainland.

1 Like

Ah bud itā€™s only coz itā€™s bleeeeeedin dermo

A gouger like him would always be a fan favourite up in the Hill.

1 Like

Jim Gavin is being overly precious about this but thereā€™s no doubt that Spillane knew what he was doing alright.

7 Likes

So in summary, Connolly was wrong and holds his hands up, but panellists on a show to discuss GAA shouldnā€™t be discussing it?

2 Likes

Actually I think this whole Connolly fiasco has awakened a Dublin team going through the motions. It was what Dublin needed and the fact that it is Connolly just makes it easier for Gavin to the get the squad going again.

I thought Dublin were a bit flat so far this season and would be beaten either in the semiā€™s or the final this year. They looked half arsed against Carlow and didnā€™t seem bothered in the league final against Kerry but yesterday they looked like they were fired up again. It was against a shit Westmeath team but that is the first real hammering Dublin have given in a while. I think they went out yesterday to make a statement be interesting to see if they do the same against Kildare in a couple of weeks time. If they win the All Ireland again this year Gavin should send Pat a thank you card to piss the cunt right off. :slight_smile:

Pat Spillane is a legend of our association, heā€™s being blackguarded here by nobodies. He did fuck all wrong that night, and went out of his way to say as much.

The bigger issue for me is the bag ban in Croke Park. No more bringing hang sangwiches to the matches for the Muldoons.

Muldoons donā€™t bring backpacks, they bring plastic bags and or tinfoil. This will only affect the knackers with their bag of cans.

There was some manager (think it was Mickey Harte) complaining that because his team were always on tv that their misdemeanours were always caught while those not playing in front of cameras are more likely to get away with it. Itā€™s the equivalent of a lad speeding through a speed camera he knew was there.

Dublin peddled their agenda through the media before the AI last year, if they now feel they are being hung out by the media they canā€™t really complain!

2 Likes

Itā€™s frustrating that Dublin canā€™t get proper tests in championship football.

Few counties believe they have a chance against us.

Realistically, one can one only see counties with a proven record of being able to beat Dublin in championship football mounting a challenge this year, and thatā€™s a very select group.

In fact, there are only six counties who have managed a win against us in their last four championship meetings with us.

These are: Down, Tyrone, Armagh, Donegal, Derry and Cork - in fact, of those six, only Down beat us the last time they played us.

Itā€™s impossible to see any team from outside of that group beating us - and with Donegal in decline and Derry and Cork in the doldrums, youā€™d have to say that realistically, Down, Tyrone or Armagh look the only teams capable of mounting a serious challenge to Dublin this year.

1 Like

Have mayo not beaten ye in 6?

I think youā€™ll find Mayo have failed to beat Dublin in any of their last four championship meetings with us, mate.

Kerry?

they arenā€™t enforced , thatā€™s the problem

Did you make that up?

Dublin have benefitted from non enforcement. Connolly himself being a prime example. The only reason I can see for the outcry is that they have usually gotten away with it before.

Absolutely not, I canā€™t say with 100% confidence that it was Harte but Iā€™m pretty sure it was him.

the rule should be applied fairly across the board

1 Like