The Saturday/Sunday Game Thread

I donā€™t have a problem with Connollys ban - it was deserved. However I donā€™t have much time for the ā€œpoor Spillaneā€ craic - he took glee in it from my watching of it at the time. He knows where he comes from too.

Itā€™s clear that the Sunday Game wields significant influence. It seems odd to me that the grassroot GAA fans are comfortable with a tv show often setting the agenda for their sport.

3 Likes

The Muldoons are happy with trial by media, as long as itā€™s a Dub going down. When it happens to a Culchie itā€™s the ā€œheā€™s not that sort of fellaā€ routine.

Jim Gavin is quite correct telling RTE to do one. Itā€™s about time we stood up to the pernicious Muldoon media.

3 Likes

It wasnā€™t even marginal what happened? If he had gotten a longer ban then maybe you could argue they had influenced it. But he got the entry level suspension so unless you think that he would have gotten away with it completely only for Spillane then his glee had no bearing whatsoever.

I donā€™t think there was any chance Connolly was getting away with it even if it was Ciaran Whelan, Molly Malone and Bang Bang doing the fucking analysis

Outstanding use of ā€œperniciousā€, pal.

1 Like

Common sense would be to apply the rules as they are worded.

Why didnā€™t the gooch get a suspension

Davy Fitz and Forde are culchiesā€¦they got harsh suspensions for a bit of handbags
The Tipp goalie too

:rollseyes:
No mate, any eejit knows the difference between an aggressive push and a laying of hands, except you of course.

Maybe you should read the rule.

Laying your hands on the referee carries the same punishment as pushing the referee.

An aggressive push? Arenā€™t you a little kitten?

Pat is a decent man and will in his own way soon enough Iā€™d say put this to bed with a few well crafted earnest words satisfying all concerned. He has too much character with a life steeped in football to start disrespecting and disowning. Heā€™ll clear this up fairly quickly.

Dublin will have to call immediate halt to their rte boycott and just forget about the whole affair.

Connolly will have to keep his powder dry and just get on with it now. No one was killed, calm down all.

I donā€™t need to read the rule because I have a common sense viewpoint, I can see the difference between the incidents youā€™ve referred to, Iā€™ve gone on record here to say that I think Connolly has been a little hard done by going on the same common sense approach, but as I said, itā€™s an idiot whoā€™ll equate what youā€™re trying to.

Whatā€™s that got to do with the question?

You donā€™t need the read to rules.

Common sense would be to read the rules and apply them as they are worded.

Itā€™s funny that you contradict what you are trying to put forward.

Bizarre behaviour.

Thereā€™s no common sense rule book you fruitcake :joy:
Bizarre post.

Nothing surer the clown will get put off the day he comes back in for Dublin

Common sense would be that players who play in a game which has regulations, should be called to heel in line with those rules.

That would be common sense, you seem to think some simpleton from Kerry is allowed manhandle a referee but not some angry Dub.

You donā€™t understand what common sense means, is there no equivalent in Italian :rofl:

The officials have had it in for him for ages now, he gets a black card for the most trivial offences. Itā€™s all part of the vicious campaign against him.

When we finish with RTE we must turn our attention to the cheats in black who are victimising our players.

1 Like

I donā€™t think he deserves his bad rep. Heā€™s been hounded for the last three years.

1 Like

Iā€™ve illustrated how you are contradicting yourself.

You donā€™t understand common sense which is odd as you seem to be modelling yourself around it. After getitng outed as a cardboard hardman who is all bark, this is really reaching the nadir for you. Go get a cuddle off Carter.

1 Like