The Saturday/Sunday Game Thread

You donā€™t have a clue what common sense is fella, thereā€™s no rulebook,
Easy know Iā€™ve made shit of you again when you revert to the beaten docket jibes,
Pleasure was all mine mate. :sunglasses:

You donā€™t know what common sense is.

Subverting the laws of the game is anti-common sense and that is what you are advocating, you are saying that the rules and regulations outlined should actually be ignored. Thatā€™s a bizarre stand point and certainly not one a pragmatist like myself could agree with.

You may disagree with the rule but itā€™s there and it should be applied consistently as long as it is, otherwise the rules supposed to administer and control the game are being undermined.

I just want to make sure itā€™s the same fella weā€™re talking about. Do you think he was harshly treated?

Connolly is a semi imbecile who clearly has issues controlling himself, thatā€™s being kind to him.
He is not helped in any way by creeps like jim Gavin who have their own issues accepting they canā€™t control every instance and by simpletons like you defending his right to be a dirty little fucking gurrier.

2 Likes

Mate, Iā€™m a little concerned, what is your understanding of the term ā€˜common senseā€™,
A rulebook that didnā€™t allow for a common sense approach to its implementation would be never ending

A rulebook outlines what players can and cannot do.

Common sense is that if they breach those rules, they suffer the consequences of those rules.

Well weā€™ve established that you donā€™t understand that term anyway,
Separate point altogether, do you feel the 12 week ban was harsh on Connolly, I didnā€™t pay attention at the time

We established that I do understand and you donā€™t. Iā€™ve illustrated an understanding, youā€™ve illustrated an ignorance and obtuseness of the issue.

I feel he can have little complaint with the fact he broke a rule and got banned.

I feel he can have massive grievance with the way he has been singled out to be punished under a rule many players avoid punishment under when also breaking it.

1 Like

I donā€™t think what he did in the past should enter the equation when administering the rule book. But youā€™ve shown your hand there

No I donā€™t think he was harshly treated - if he did the crime, he needs to take his punishment. Which he did.

my point is this particular rule is not consistently applied. If it was, Brendan Murphy should have been hit with it, and countless others who mouth off during a match. Sure Donaghy was king of that and I donā€™t believe heā€™s ever been sanctioned under this particular rule. This just contradicts your initial point that Dublin get special treatment. They donā€™t.

2 Likes

If it was a big match they were suspended for the might of Dublin GAA would have appealed and most likely won. Do you know what McMahon said to the ref or what Donaghy/Murphy said?

Why Not? Itā€™s a factor in every other sport and in a court of law

Is it?

Bizarre post from Carter.

Yes

Art?

Do you need art to explain to you that someoneā€™s past record is taken into account when justice is being administered?

Are you on gear?

the discussion was about administering the rule book brah

Is sentencing not in the rule book brah

You have turned out to be quite the gah expert