The Sawdoctors

I’ll give you Daniel, but no person should respect Kavanagh.

It’s a different market though. Young people want sensationalism and controversy. Daniel suckers his target audience (auld wans) with his clean cut image, nice jumpers and cups of tea. I don’t believe for a second that he is like that in real life.

Know a girl who’s oul lad toured with him for a while and he’s meant to be a cute whore alright.

Having said that he’s earning a good living for himself so each to their own. Irish begrudgery I think

Well I saw hin in DAP in June and he had more make-up on than me.

Also, I have experience of him professionally (from the early 90’s); heres the gist of a conversation about Chicken Kiev

Now I really liked that … now if you had told me there was garlic in it I wouldn’t have liked it, but I just can’t believe I really liked it … I would never had have liked it if there was garlic in it but now I do like it

Not quiet the diva donna behaviour of someone who gets a lunch thats not stipulated on an artist’s rider.

He really is like his stage self in real life, honestly.

It should also be on record the amount of top 100 albums he’s had in the UK charts that are / were removed from the listings because they’re not airplayed.

Also the video he did with the Rose’s (91/92’ish) cost fuck all; it was shot around Kerry and the Rose’s appeared in each song track, was the biggest selling video in the UK when it was released.

He’s a money maker. Like Gina and the Champions, still gigging away and still earning a good 10k net a week for working Thur - Sat night in the UK.

Thats real money.

I don’t begrudge him anything Gaillimh, fair dues to him, but people are fooling themselves if they think that these types of stars don’t manipulate the situation and their fans in a similar way to the popstars of the current generation. It simple marketing

Its marketing; but its marketing thats singularly involved in Substance. Money.

Not Content; eg: Top Irish Modellllllls

Brilliant

That line could have come straight out of my auld fella’s vernacular

[quote=“Mairegangaire”]Its marketing; but its marketing thats singularly involved in Substance. Money.

Not Content; eg: Top Irish Modellllllls[/quote]

Would Daniel’s missus be evidence of this?

the big breda from Tip?
Don’t know the girl, but from what I’ve heard she’s not slow about coming forward.

That being said; he was alone then I saw him in departures in June.

My Grandaunt is a nun and a massive Daniel fan, posters on the wall etc!

For her Golden Jubilee (50 years a nun) wee Daniel rang her for a chat, he was on the phone for a good hour at least. Talk about making the womans life.

Now maybe he is a manipulative coont but he went above and beyond the call of duty in that instance to make a fan happy.

Incidentally, when he hooked up with a divorcee the posters came down off the convent wall. Kris Kristoffersen was the new fav, until I filled her in that he has about 10 kids from 3 marriages!! Daniel was lesser of two evils after that

[quote=“dancarter”]
For her Golden Jubilee (50 years a nun) wee Daniel rang her for a chat, he was on the phone for a good hour at least. Talk about making the womans life.[/quote]

Unless money passed hands, respect is due for that.

[quote=“Mairegangaire”]
That being said; he was alone then I saw him in departures in June.[/quote]

He fairly gets around.

The mother cornered him in Donegal airport a couple of months back and wasn’t there a recent celeb spot of him at some other airport.

Fair dues to him for that phone call dan. We might try and get Richie Kavanagh to give the puke a buzz for his sweet sixteenth

Just for my own info: Richie Kavanagh is the clown that doesn aon focail eile right?

agus ceist eile

Is it still the original Sawdoctors line up?

Yes

and

I think so but not sure

[quote=“Fran”]Yes

and

I think so but not sure[/quote]

well if so, those lads are approaching 50.
Good’on’ya Julia!

Not original Docs line up, yer man won the lotto remember?

he was the bus driver, he may have done some humping and backline roadie work but he was never Front of House.

From Wiki

Origins and lineup

The Saw Doctors were formed in 1986 by Leo Moran (a former member of defunct Tuam reggae outfit Too Much for the White Man), Davy Carton (formerly a songwriter and guitarist with short-lived Tuam punk band Blaze X), and local vocalist Mary O’Connor. The trio got their start playing small gigs in local venues such as Tuam’s Imperial Hotel. O’Connor left the fledgling Saw Doctors the following year to emigrate to London; Carton and Moran added other musicians and carried on with the band.

Leo Moran and Davy Carton have been the only constant presences in the Saw Doctors’ ever-shifting lineup. Past members have included singer, guitarist, and mandolin player John “Turps” Burke; bass player Pearse Doherty; keyboard and accordion player Tony Lambert; keyboard player and guitarist Derek Murray; and drummers Padraig Stevens, John Donnelly, Jim Higgins, and Fran Breen. The fluidity of the Saw Doctors’ lineup in part accounts for the huge variety of musical influences – including pop, punk, rock ‘n’ roll, and traditional Irish – that make up the band’s signature sound.

At present, the Saw Doctors are Leo Moran (vocals, guitar), Davy Carton (vocals, guitar), Kevin Duffy (keyboards), Anthony Thistlethwaite (bass guitar, saxphone), and Emhn Craddock (drums).

Lottery win

In April 1993, the Saw Doctors’ keyboard and accordion player Tony Lambert, who had previously played with Bonnie Tyler and The Sensational Alex Harvey Band, won 852,000 (Irish punts), or approximately 1 million (euro) in today’s currency, when he hit the jackpot in the Irish National Lottery’s Lotto game.[7] Lambert, who at the time was living in a converted bus that he had driven from his native Wales to Galway and parked just off the N17 road, had purchased his winning ticket in a local Claregalway shop. After his win, he left the band and settled in County Galway, where he restored an old house and built his own recording studio. Tony now lives in Thailand.

Coincidentally, the Saw Doctors’ song “To Win Just Once” was written and recorded shortly before Lambert hit the Lotto jackpot. It is the only song on the Same Oul’ Town album that features his musicianship.[7]

Ah here. Since when did this become the Daniel O’Donnell love in thread?

O’Donnell has been whoring himself to auld wans since he was about 30 years old - even younger maybe. Cups of tea, jumpers, no alcohol and all that game.

Now judge not and all that but that seems very wrong to me. He obviously must be doing it for the cash which makes it even worse that he would chose to live such a life for the sake of becoming loaded when he coiuld get a job in a pub or something and live a normal life.

It’s a bit like the lads who go into boy bands. That’s no life.

Again that’s my opinion but O’Donnell should be laughed at, not respected.

[quote=“farmerinthecity”]Ah here. Since when did this become the Daniel O’Donnell love in thread?

O’Donnell has been whoring himself to auld wans since he was about 30 years old - even younger maybe. Cups of tea, jumpers, no alcohol and all that game.

Now judge not and all that but that seems very wrong to me. He obviously must be doing it for the cash which makes it even worse that he would chose to live such a life for the sake of becoming loaded when he coiuld get a job in a pub or something and live a normal life.

It’s a bit like the lads who go into boy bands. That’s no life.

Again that’s my opinion but O’Donnell should be laughed at, not respected.[/QUOTE]

Like moany Accountants who know many pairs of shoes they have and suffer road rage at the sight of a lollipop lady?