The schools

You could have stopped there. They HAVE to. This thing would want to be killing people in the tens of thousands to justify keeping kids out of school

1 Like

Oh yeah, they have to go back.

How long they’ll last is another matter entirely.

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.

Joe Duffy will be magnificent the week the leaving cert comes out

1 Like

Go back and stay back unless kids start getting very ill imho. The hysteria has to stop. Politicians and adults alike need to grow the fcuk up and realise that life isn’t ever safe, and only ends the one way

4 Likes

After all their fucks ups, I think the schools could be the rock Johnson and his cronies perish on. You don’t fuck with peoples children and those getting results will be voting the next time around.

1 Like

Agreed.

Mike and the Mechanics called it

My suspicion is that the downgrades are probably accurate. How many schools have mysteriously had a sudden unexplained golden generation coincidentally getting three grades higher predicted than any other year ever?. It’s a win win for teachers and pupils involved, but directly in a competitive environment disadvantages pupils more fairly assessed. The whole thing is a fcuking cod. All pupils should resit the year and then the formal exam, or there will never be a line drawn under it.

2 Likes

Would that then mean a year of no one entering the jobs market or university?

There’s no jobs market to enter. There’s noone going to uni anyway.
Get the lecturers up off their holes and teaching LC (helping the current teaching staff).

2 Likes

I’d say there’s an element of that but it’s easy to look into due to the amount of data that schools have on children’s performance.

Easier to wail on bookface about how wronged you’ve been. I can’t imagine that any body would deliberately mark down a predicted grade without good reason, and it seems to be certain localised (ie individual school) clusters, for want of a better word.

@fenwaypark - have they sorted the extra 1000 teachers?

How many are your school hiring?

I think 400 of those are to be guidance counselors so really it’s only 600 extra teaching jobs. Doesn’t appear to have been a big recruitment drive yet.

Hav’nt a clue. I wont be commenting in this thread, I would rather leave the ‘experts’ at it.

18 Likes

Ooft.

Some amount of ‘experts’ on the pub thread too bud if it makes you feel any better :smile:

6 Likes

Some amount of experts on the jump boots thread if that makes you feel any better

3 Likes

Who you offting at? You’ve the second most posts in here ffs :grin:

I think that was my first or second post with a genuine question — are you ok?

1 Like