The schools

I know a lad who converted to Church of Ireland to get his kids into local primary school.

You should send them to a school where they’re taught to spell. Words like “paedo” for instance.

7 Likes

There’s a lot of sharp elbows in didsbury that find God just before school places are divvied up. Happened so much at the CofE school that folk have to get their booklet stamped at mass or whatever they call it every Sunday for a year in order for the kids to get into the school.

2 Likes

I thought it was obvious above that’s exactly what I’m doing.

Tho I’ll also give them a gold star if they spell it c a t h o l i c.

1 Like

The Vicar of Douglas.

Who’d have thunk it.

You need to be practicing, they’ve gotten wise to the scam.

There’s a very popular COI school in Limerick @Thomas_Brady, (St Michaels) it caters for a lot of kids who have difficulties in ‘regular’ schools

Not long now till I’m on the committee organising the school bake

1 Like

They offer limited places to anyone… It’s criteria 3 laid out in the admissions guidebook.

I know, but if you’re COI you’re guaranteed entry,
Villiers school in Limerick is free to COI, 4000 a year for anybody else

For primary? It’s probably worth it tho but it’s steep for a 5 year old.

I know lads who pretend to be catholic to get their kids in to primary schools.

1 Like

He started practicing.

Not quite the same level of success as winning an 8 team world series of hurling tbf

1 Like

11 days that one stewed with him @Batigol

11 days.

1 Like

It’d be similar to getting to the quarter final of the 8 team competition, yes

@anon67715551 went to a hedge school if that counts

3 Likes

St Marys Carrigaline is v g
Also C of I

A quick change of religion from RC to COI would also help a student get into a primary teacher training course with 100 points less in the CAO strangely enough. Although I don’t think it would work that easily in reality.

No sense or reason

Is this an admission on your behalf?

2 Likes