The self isolation thread ie Men Sheds Ireland

Yep. Spiderman and a green batman type character. Obviously looking to soup it up for missions

1 Like

How many pieces did you have left over?

Think I might order that. Keep the mind active.

Little or none I think. Theyre fairly on the nose with the parts. Weā€™ve a heap of Lego anyway so there was some crossover I think.

1 Like

Itā€™s a thing of beauty, reminds me of a Greek vase I once saw. Iā€™d say youā€™l bate the lining out of the young lad if he as much as looks at it.

2 Likes

Doing weights everyday, a long walk and an hour pucking a ball off a wall.

Drinking a minimum of 6 cans a night though and constantly grazing.

2 Likes

Are you not alternating between bating the back off and rowing with your soon to be ex?

Weā€™re mates again

For nowā€¦

Iā€™m tempted to go back hurling. My touch is savage the past day or so. Both sides.

2 Likes

Me too. I was unreal this morning. Thereā€™s surely a junior f team around that I could make

1 Like

Theres a waiting list for the ball wall down here

1 Like

Didnā€™t mullagh have a junior team last year with an average age of 40. I havenā€™t given up hope just yet.

Hurling has become my only outlet in life

1 Like

They did.

The sun was shining this evening, the ball was light as a feather and I fiercely contested every ball with my shadow. I was back in the corner.

I thought about the reality of it shortly afterā€¦ Driving across the county of a Tuesday evening after a longs days work. No training done and walking out on to the field and shaking hands with some wirey young fella you might have fathered.

Twas a nice dream while it lasted.

8 Likes

They do a social hurlin not far from me in dublin ive been tempted to go down and have a look at it. Im not sure i would go to the bother of buying a helmet again though, i have an o dea in the boot though and ill go hunting a wall tomorrow evening

I have rarely seen so many older lads out with a Hurley and ball. Youā€™d often see young lads but not many over the age of 35 or 6. Itā€™s probably the only game where you can play on your own with a wall, any wall and still get as much enjoyment out of it.

3 Likes

Good for the soul. And sure any fool can kick a ball.

1 Like

Iā€™m debating with herself whether or not i can make a tiny chipping area out the back for the golf. I havenā€™t fully convinced her yet

1 Like

I might roll out a plan like that at the weekend. Would you not dig up the back garden with divots. Luckily I have a golf winter mat thing that some course gave me before but I forgot to give back. I forgot to use it during the round as well mind. Suppose you could use a bit of carpet.

Iā€™m negotiating the decomission of the living room rug to cut a square and the displacement of a few stones and flowers

2 Likes