The self isolation thread ie Men Sheds Ireland

A lad i know negotiated with the wife a proper two level green at the back of his new house last year. Heā€™s elected.

2 Likes

Things got so bad here this evening I convinced myself to try a flop shot from the front garden over our shed into the back garden. Smallish back garden so if I hit it too hard it was heading towards the house behind us, if it hit the shed god knows where it would end up. Living here 22 years and never had the notion to do it before. Anyway I executed it perfectly apart from the little divot I had to replace. Desperate times and all thatšŸ¤£

5 Likes

Heā€™ll clean up in the captains prize. Iā€™ll go back 6 shots if I donā€™t swing a club for a few months but the handicap wont be getting the +1s

1 Like

I went out into largish front green with the 58 degree wedge yesterday to much protestations from herself. Hit 10 or 11 perfect chips. 12th chilly dipped it, hit a kerb and went 50 yards into a field, thankfully, it could have hit any amount of cars or windys

1 Like

Thatā€™s the problem youā€™d get complacent after a while

Im watching a lot of online tips, even harringtons arenā€™t bad. That and the odd swing will have to do, unless i can find a patch of grass to hit wedges. Down to the curragh or something?

Thank fook I got the rust out of the system over the last few weeks hopefully we will be back properly soon

1 Like

What are you using for a target?

I stay a million miles away from online tips. Theyā€™re a fucking recipe for disaster

A bucket

The European tour website has some free online coaching portal up, havenā€™t gotten a chance to look at it.

1 Like

I dont mind them but you have to be hitting it in between. I can play with one new swing thought, but more than that equals meltdown.

What club?

Iā€™ve never had a tip or a lesson where Iā€™ve come away a better player.

Have your own swing and learn how to play with it.

I look like an octopus in a phone box but Iā€™m able to get it around

Actually, i tell a lie, @Faldo told me about dropping the right foot back a bit and it definitely straightened out the misses

3 Likes

There have been some good tutorials up on Sky golf last day or 2. Golf academy with Monty, Poulter etc. Monty had a good tip for flop shots by having a very weak left hand. I cant wait to try this in 3 months time.

4 Likes

I donā€™t mind them but pinch of salt. At the end of the day its all about what your body can do, i canā€™t match a pros turn or weight shift but i have found some useful. I watch a bit of the me and my golf with the two tans who always wear matching outfits.

2 Likes

Never ever worry about grip. Flops are easy. Ball forward, reverse shaft lean and swing left

1 Like

Theyā€™re painful cunts.

1 Like

Weird vibe alright

Read this lads.

If Iā€™m ever struggling with ball flight Iā€™ll go to the relevant section

https://www.amazon.com/Understanding-Golf-Swing-Manuel-Torre/dp/1628738049

No mechanics. No thoughts. Focus on the club.

No tips or gimmicks, a way to find your swing and make it work

1 Like