The self isolation thread ie Men Sheds Ireland

I gave up watching them. They made everything so complex and always seemed like there were too many moving parts. I started watching this fella called Danny Maud I think was his name. He had some good tips. And kept it simple. Anytime I see alignment sticks and head covers used as props I switch off.

I like watching crossfields course vlogs. He knocks savage craic out of it.

You see lads down the range and they’ve sticks and launch monitors and 4 practice swings, all the gear. And then they hit it shit most of the time

Conversely, I was one bay away from a lady tour pro a while back and I left about 40 balls after me out of pure shame

2 Likes

I would respectfully disagree about 6 years ago I saw Nick Faldo one night doing a piece of how to play from green side bunkers. When I was a kid playing I had no bother but as I got older it was like the yips if I went into a bunker around the green I was done for. Anyway I watched it and realised it wasn’t opening the face enough and actually swinging through at the pace needed for the shot. Ever since then it’s been a game changer and I am disappointed when I don’t get relatively close from a bunker.

1 Like

60 degree wedge

2 Likes

Everyone is different. I find with tips if they tell me something body related like turn the hips or weaken the grip I overdo it. I don’t mind tips like open the wedge or shaft lean. That’s useful.

Things like turn your wrists 45 degrees is what drives me mad. How the fuck are you supposed to think of that in the second or two you’re swinging

2 Likes

I went back to a 58 recently. I got a fright off the 60

1 Like

I’d be like that alright on full swings I’m too old to probably listen to someone in terms of alignment grip etc. I can kind of work it out myself but like all golfers the days you make a score comes down to getting into the hole in the least possible score and that’s all down to the short game being there. Fuck it I’m missing it already😂

1 Like

It’s a game of how many, not how far

1 Like

It’s all over bar the grouting.
The crowd that supplied everything closed down last week…I’m short a box of tiles, a bag of grout and a t shaped bracket for the glass screen supports. Nearly there though. A fiendish bit of ingenuity to manage without the t bracket.

30 Likes

Smashing job

2 Likes

Magnificent cornering.

1 Like

Youre a hero. Want me to take the inaugural shit? I’d do that for you.

2 Likes

Lovely job mate, when is she moving in?

1 Like

Yes, but we should wait for the toilet to arrive first?

2 Likes

One bitten thrice traumatised

1 Like

Im just rolling a joint mate. Ill spark it in your honour

4 Likes

Not surprised you need a hit :wink:

1 Like

Weed or hash?

Weed. Do people still smoke hash?