The @Sidney is not a racist thread. NOT a racist

60 in July,still playing football with my teen,swim most of the year ( sea) hike,don’t drink,and pray

You’re but a cub :joy:

Put a lot into this life, worked, Romania, Germany, Israel, England,Greece, married a few times,lived with a few,until I copped on,now I’m an old cranky bastard,:arrow_double_up:

1 Like

You’re entitled to be

Like it,I take it you’re around the glenshane pass? Was at Kevin lynch’s house , Dungiven,when they brought him home

I’m not that far, and I’ve a few mates round Dungiven - the kind you don’t need to see in order to know they’re good mates. Bad bad times. No sense

1 Like

Alf Tupper = The Tough of the Track.

1 Like

It’s a really difficult concept to define, as it’s a social construct and has no real basis in biology. The classic definition is groups of humans that share phenotypical or physical traits. It’s a nonsense though as humans are something like 90% identical genetically and differences are minimal.

There’s only one true race, the human race, and variations between humans are very small given how recent a species we are. Fruit flies have 10x the variation humans have and chimps far more variation.

If you believe there’s no such a thing as racism, fuck knows why you started the thread. :laughing:

I see the people of Roosky spurned a chance to take a part in an anti-racism demonstration in the town today. Looks like there was only 20 or 30 people at it, and very few of them locals.

They don’t want the refugees there because they are concerned about the lack of services for them.

1 Like

No locals present according to a poster on twitter

In a similar vein would you like a travellers halting site near your house

Colour, ethnicity, nationality.

ethnicity and race are two completely different things.

I already live within a mile of one and it’s a mile too close.

2 Likes

For our purposes the definition of race in the equality legislation operating in Ireland will do us, so that’s the definition I gave. The below is from a guide to the UK equality act, substantially the same as our one. It gives some examples which are helpful to aid understanding.

In the Equality Act, race can mean your colour, or your nationality (including your citizenship). It can also mean your ethnic or national origins, which may not be the same as your current nationality. For example, you may have Chinese national origins and be living in Britain with a British passport.

Race also covers ethnic and racial groups. This means a group of people who all share the same protected characteristic of ethnicity or race.

A racial group can be made up of two or more distinct racial groups, for example black Britons, British Asians, British Sikhs, British Jews, Romany Gypsies and Irish Travellers.

You may be discriminated against because of one or more aspects of your race, for example people born in Britain to Jamaican parents could be discriminated against because they are British citizens, or because of their Jamaican national origins.

It would take the dumb British government to come up with a definition like that, and the dumber Irish government to follow suit. Read the attached article and educate yourself, you absolute clown.

Race, ethnicity and nationality are different and shouldn’t be muddled together in some attempt to be politically correct. Race refers to physical characteristics due to genetics (and as I have pointed out earlier is a deeply flawed concept), ethnicity essentially refers to culture (a Muslim or follower of Islam for example) and nationality refers to country or nation of origin (Irish for example).

It’s not that hard to understand and muddling them leads to stupidity. If I go to my local bar and meet a random person they may say they are a mix of Irish, Scottish, German and Swedish (not an unusual mix in the US). In terms of race they are white or Caucasian. If the same person says they are married to someone from the ME and have converted to Islam, they are a Muslim. So race = white, ethnicity = Muslim, nationality is mixed northern European.

Would that barfly’s nationality not be American, bud?

1 Like

correct, that was an error.

Racial discrimination specifically includes discrimination on the basis of ethnicity.

Not only is this specifically stated in the UN’s definition of racial discrimination, you are on record many times on this as stating that anti-Traveller bigotry is “racism” - or to be more precise, racial discrimination.

You are also on record as stating that anti-Muslim bigotry amounts to racism, and on record other times as saying it doesn’t.