The Sobriety Thread

[QUOTE=“chewy louie, post: 1025685, member: 1137”]Used to happen far too often to me when I was younger. Go off the beer for 3 or 4 weeks for a match and then have 7 or 8 fast pints and end up balobaas not remembering half the night and an unmerciful hangover the next day.

A lad from home called Mushroom gave me great advice one day which has stood to me “There is only one way to go to a Wedding* and that is fine and seedy”

*can be applied to any social event where a big beer will take place[/QUOTE]

What’s fine and seedy?

A roastery way of saying hungover. “Christ, I’m fine and seedy from them pints last night”

Did you shift the bubbly girl from the chipper?

Many time, many time

:oops:

35 days. Thinking of calling a halt at 38 days with a few pints before/during/after the eagerly anticipated Ireland-Gibraltar clash on Saturday evening. :pint:

1 Like

Fair play, bud. I have not done 35 days without a drink since I was about 15.

Keep going, bud, there is nothing so blissful as a significant dry spell.

38 days, chaps.

I’m off to Aviva Stadium and I’m going to have a few pints.

:eek:

[QUOTE=“Colin Montgomerie, post: 1029609, member: 9”]38 days, chaps.

I’m off to Aviva Stadium and I’m going to have a few pints.

:eek:[/QUOTE]

God help you

13 days now, guys.

Hoping to make it until the end of June.

Signing in

A mature student of mid 20’s, getting sick of seeing these late teen cunts burst about the college and I fuckin about with a hangover. Gonna give it a go until at least June. New year, new me.

Sobriety is a mugs game.

When you look back at your life, you won’t remember the nights you got plenty of sleep.

Go hard or go home:pint::pint::pint::pint::pint::pint:

[QUOTE=“somerandomperson, post: 1071004, member: 2931”]Signing in

A mature student of mid 20’s, getting sick of seeing these late teen cunts burst about the college and I fuckin about with a hangover. Gonna give it a go until at least June. New year, new me.[/QUOTE]
Pointless exercise. You should realise at your advanced age that you don’t absolutely have to tear the arse out of it if you have a pint. Take it as it comes I reckon.
Tis like the young bullock and his dad the bull looking at the cows in the field.

[QUOTE=“flattythehurdler, post: 1071071, member: 1170”]Pointless exercise. You should realise at your advanced age that you don’t absolutely have to tear the arse out of it if you have a pint. Take it as it comes I reckon.
Tis like the young bullock and his dad the bull looking at the cows in the field.[/QUOTE]

I totally agree, but I said i’d give sobriety and a few trips to the gym a go and see how it works out, can’t do no harm. Drinking has become monotous more than anything for me.

I know that feeling. A couple of pints over a chat with a few pals in the back of the pub is part of the grease that keeps the engine running through the week all the same.

Get a few craft beers and start to drink for the pleasure of tasting new beers again. You’lol fall off the wagon on 8% ales a couple of times and end up in a car park stripped to the waist but eventually you’ll get your sea legs

Used to do that. Them fuckers made the fatal mistake of either doing it to much or getting a bun in the oven before their time. That was part of the reasoning why I went to college…even though I despise college students…

The first couple of pints you drink after a couple of weeks off the sauce are the best you’ll ever taste.