The Sobriety Thread

It’s very hard to knock the booze on the head totally, well for me anyway and lord how i’ve tried. I wouldn’t be able to go 2-3 weeks without a few pints. I’d normally drink now about twice a week with a few handy pints (nothing mad) each time. It’s about trying to keep it under control, but i suppose life would be very boring without enjoying yourself some little bit. If you like a few pints and mind your own business you’re doing no harm.

Craft beers are for smug bastards and bougeouis cunts. But enjoy my friend, I shall not judge :wink:

:rolleyes:

[QUOTE=“somerandomperson, post: 1071004, member: 2931”]Signing in

A mature student of mid 20’s, getting sick of seeing these late teen cunts burst about the college and I fuckin about with a hangover. Gonna give it a go until at least June. New year, new me.[/QUOTE]
Where/what you studying, mate… Late 20s is nothing, you should be in the middle of them giving it big licks.

I think a man working outdoors feels more like a man if he can have a bottle of suds. That’s only my opinion.

PR in Carlow. Doing digs for this year (bad mistake) to learn what it’s all about. My experience of it all so far is like going on a rollercoaster, don’t know whether I’m enjoying it or not.

Shawshank Redemption quote, but very true.

drinking is a mugs game

[SIZE=3][QUOTE=“Tess Tickle, post: 1071108, member: 2269”]It’s very hard to knock the booze on the head totally, well for me anyway and lord how i’ve tried. I wouldn’t be able to go 2-3 weeks without a few pints. I’d normally drink now about twice a week with a few handy pints (nothing mad) each time. It’s about trying to keep it under control, but i suppose life would be very boring without enjoying yourself some little bit. If you like a few pints and mind your own business you’re doing no harm.[/QUOTE][/SIZE]

Dead right. There’s no need to be giving it up completely, just moderate it.

:rolleyes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKIqNTJ-yus

@downyourthroats What’s your problem with my stance, fucko? Come out and debate it yourself instead of John B Keane talking for you

I would be an all or nothing man myself. I would eiither go and drink 10 pints or else not bother at all. Don’t see the point in drinking 2 pints and going home.

Who said anything about drinking two pints and going home? I’ll do my thing and you do your thing if that’s alright by you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKIqNTJ-yus
[/QUOTE]

Smashing observations there from John B. He got it spot on - just failing to mention the beautiful burbling cadence that resonates as one pours the first glassful from a fresh bottle of Hennessy. Mrs. Keane is also on the ball, in that I went 3/4 days without a drink about 5 years ago. I was reciting aimless rhymes of nearly forgotten poetry, aiming swipes at innocent farm animals and dogs and complaining about all and every issue. Taking her less than subtle hints, I abandoned that idea and went on a furlough for 3 days.
Sobriety is for idealogues and people with grave insecurities.

If digs in Carlow is like a roller coaster, you have led a sheltered life.

Was on about the whole thing of college, but fair play.

You don’t seem to be embracing the concept. College was the time of my life. The fellow students were great.

Tried to be good for a few weeks but I was bored off my head last night and caved

While I agree with the sentiments of mu good friend @Tesstickle above, i am having my last beer until March tonight, continuing my annual early year sabbatical from alcohol. It is a craft beer incidentally and very nice too.

Love the societies I joined, made right mates in that. Digs were an awful idea and the fact that the only three other lads on the course don’t stay in the town don’t help. The women tend to be clicky (think I spelt that wrong but sure)… But anyway, I’m given up the hooch for a while.