The Sobriety Thread

No, haven’t been in a few years. Might drive down for one day. That is exactly my point though I just can’t understand fellas going for a couple of pints.

Fuck you too Mac.

Signing out

Got a place on the college pool team yesterday and got awarded college grant today after much fighting with SUSI. Also good mate is having an engagement party tomorrow

Wexford town will be hit hard ! :pint::pint::pint::pint::pint:

And we are into week 7, the detox is nearly complete, energy levels have increased hugely. :clap:

47 days.

I’ve drank fuck all the past two weeks, trained hard and I don’t feel any the better for it.

Day 43. How do you like them apples @Mac.

No wonder, your diet is appalling

Bullshit. I have a serious diet. And a level of fitness that is tested to it’s limits week in/week out, man on man.
Whereas you are pedaling away on an exercise thinking you are going great guns, but in reality you are probably weak as sop.

:eek:

Yes mate, unlike your mixed astro league, I play in an all male league.

Signing out on 56 days.

Meeting The Border Bull and other acquaintances for a few pints later.

[QUOTE=“Il Bomber Destro, post: 1095393, member: 2533”]Signing out on 56 days.

Meeting The Border Bull and other acquaintances for a few pints later.[/QUOTE]

I hope you find a young lass tonight and smash her back door in. Enjoy mate.

Day 52 for me - still signed in.

Drinking is one of life’s simple pleasures.

Abstention for abstention sake is for mugs.

[QUOTE=“TheUlteriorMotive, post: 1095458, member: 2272”]Drinking is one of life’s simple pleasures.

Abstention for abstention sake is for mugs.[/QUOTE]
True. I find myself only drinking about once every three months these days. Enjoy the pints when I have them but love the freshness of the intermediary periods.

[QUOTE=“TheUlteriorMotive, post: 1095458, member: 2272”]Drinking is one of life’s simple pleasures.

Abstention for abstention sake is for mugs.[/QUOTE]

+1

If you have a medical condition, or are one of those dumb cunts (of which Oireland has many) that feels you have to drink 10+ pints on a night out, then yeah give up it.

But sitting on the back deck enjoying a bottle of beer after work, or a couple pints on the weekend… as you said, life’s simple pleasures.

I am down to just 2 nights a week. Love the freshness of the intermediary periods

That’s flying form for a Galway squireen.

Day 74.