The Sobriety Thread

Completed a 62 day spell on Friday. Hope to go again shortly. Sobriety is unreal.

4 Likes

3 pints of stout last night…the most I’ve had since January… Back on the dry now till holidays in 3 weeks.

19 days, chaps.

3 Likes

Go shit in your hat.

4 Likes

One of these cunts “going off it before the Christmas”. Pure Roasterish behaviour.

3 Likes

Emphasis on ‘The’ Christmas.

2 Likes

Fair play mate, I’m on about 9 hours myself. Should be able to stay off it till Thursday at least though, then I’m going drinking for a month.

4 Likes

Christ, that wasn’t on my mind at all but I’ve left myself totally exposed and I understand how you came to the conclusion. I’m going to have to face the consequences now.

2 Likes

You can take the boy out of the sticks…

I’m worried about your weight for your upcoming nuptials.

3 Likes

We culchies are closer to our Irish speaking roots than the urbanites. The emphasis on “the” and the sometimes superfluous “the” are because of literal translations from Irish. An Nollaig. The Christmas.

They have some bizarre turns of phrase in Kerry which again are only explainable by direct translations. For example if you had a nice car they might say “nice car by you”. Or “carr deas agat”.
Or “nice car by him” “carr deas aige”

So in summary you are mocking our Irish heritage you Sassenach cunt.

11 Likes

:grinning:

Me too mate. I’ll have to starve myself in the run up.

1 Like

I always like “fuair se bas”
He fetched death.

I started the Christmas drinking on Friday. Too much Friday, leathered Saturday, the cure on Sunday, three pints last night (schoolnight drinking ffs)
I am going teetotal til Friday, and looking forward to it.

1 Like

Jaysis, It’s Matt Talbot we have with us.

1 Like

We are your efriends. We won’t judge you.

Signing in. 9 days now and not a drop. Feel better for it in fairness, clear mind all the time is refreshing.

2 Likes

Signing in. 10 days.

10 days

On my third day.