The Sobriety Thread

3 days so far. None this weekend, but I’ve a 21st, a retirement party & a wedding in Kilkenny, one week after another starting Jan 20th.
I’m pumping myself with Vitamin C and milk thistle in anticipation of the three weekends.

I’ve 2 bottles of it left, both a year out of date.

16 days. Haven’t had a drink since I met @Skipper for four pints of Heineken Light on Stephen’s night. The thoughts of a hangover have been taking all the good out of pints for me lately.

4 Likes

Generation snowflake would be very proud of this thread.

It was yesterday.

I would not.

1 Like

What a bunch of cunts

3 Likes

Effects to the sobriety are sharpness in the morning, full mind functions when all around you are either drunk or hungover and quality shits

1 Like

How do you know if someone goes off the drink for January?

They’ll tell you. (Smugly).

5 Likes

16 days and not a drop, I’m trying to quit completely. I don’t enjoy drink, it’s effects and its aftermath anymore.

3 Likes

What a thread.

I’m drinking in excess of 50 years on a regular basis and fuck me, if I have to resort to posting on a GAA website that I’m on the dry for 12 days I’d do the decent thing and resign from the board.

OK - I haven’t had a drink in 16 minutes but I’ll remedy that soon.

Subscribers to this thread don’t deserve to be here.

11 Likes

:clap:

cc @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy cc @Tim_Riggins

Saw that just there

Very good from Boxty

4 Likes

This is the type of man we are producing now. Flailing against wind and looking for kudos for not drinking for a week.

2 Likes

Sure @anon67715551 is pissed as a coot. He wouldn’t know this is an accountancy /IRA website.

2 Likes

Sobriety is a wonderful gift to be cherished.

Drink if you want, or don’t bother. Just don’t go on about it either way., Nobody cares

2 Likes

I haven’t knocked down a cyclist in 16 days, you don’t hear me going on about it.

4 Likes

11 days now.

1 Like

11 hours. Winning

1 Like