The Sobriety Thread

I haven’t knocked down a cyclist while sober in 16 days

Make up your mind, which is it?

Seven days off it and I’m hoping not to touch a drop again until February. The clarity and freshness when you’re off it is unreal. I can only imagine what 30 days booze free would feel like. I drank probably every night for the three weeks before my self imposed ban.

1 Like

If your newfound clarity helps you pick out winners like yesterday you are welcome to tell us all about your non drinking.

2 Likes

Is this thread just for lads that can only drink to excess or go teetotal and aren’t able to enjoy alcohol like a normal well adjusted person?

2 Likes

It’s for both types of people. Extremists have much more personality about them than moderates in any case.

1 Like

Please define a well adjusted normal person.

Everything in moderation, including moderation

1 Like

Go hard or go home.

1 Like

A gay rights extremist? a pro abortion extremist ?

Better than a gay moderate or pro-abortion moderate.

You’re either in or you’re out.

Baby killer.

I’m anti-abortion.

I lapsed badly last night, guys. I even ended up in that cunt hole House. I also posed for pictures with people who thought I was Manchester United chief executive Ed Woodward.

12 Likes

Idiots.

Everyone knows you are Woogie, not Woodie.

3 Likes

He’s pushing 50 pal.

You need to read some wim hof and get into breathing and cold showers before the stress and bad diet destroy your body at a cellular level.

2 Likes

My 5 days of abstinence is about to end…

3 Likes

None since I scoffed down about 6 rapid pints last Sunday evening. I vowed none all weekend but would have hurtled head first from the wagon at 3/4:00pm only for a Gaa meeting @ 8:00. Thank fuck. The longing is gone from me.
However it’ll be Sunday morning that’ll test me. Too busy tomorrow, it’s great waking up fresh on a Sunday, but by 12:00 you’ve all your chores done and the longing for a pint is hard to stop.

Went to the pub with work colleagues this evening, had soda water and lime two glasses and fucked off home, had no interest in it

1 Like

The pub without the booze?
Or the booze?