The Sobriety Thread

Savage stuff… I’m building up a thirst thinking about it.

First time I was in Copenhagen I couldn’t believe how difficult it was to get carlsberg, this was over 15 years ago and the missus drank it here, over there it was all Tuborg :smiley:

I don’t. I bought princess’ wine from a petrol station.

You buy wine from a petrol station.

That petrol station does a fine selection of beers now, it’s rival a lot of off licences.

Most people know this.

I did a lot of partying in Brussels over the years. Decent club scene there if you had a good guide. Spent many early mornings supping glasses of Jupiler with the taxi drivers and bar staff finished up for the night in the Supra on rue de Baillie.

1 Like

Most people know about the beer selection in a petrol station on the Dock Road in Limerick?? :confused:

:rollseyes:

I love the dubble stuff…La Trappe / Brugge/ Westmalle etc. Unreal.

Keep that to yourself mate ffs :grinning:[quote=“gilgamboa, post:747, topic:16648, full:true”]
I did a lot of partying in Brussels over the years. Decent club scene there if you had a good guide. Spent many early mornings supping glasses of Jupiler with the taxi drivers and bar staff finished up for the night in the Supra on rue de Baillie.
[/quote]

That you can get a decent selection of alcohol from petrol stations, mate. I once bought whiskey there… I expect a torrent of abuse for that.

1 Like

Yeah a few are grand. Wouldn’t drink it for the night I don’t think. Great spot for beer alright

The head be gone off ya if you drink them like we drink the low volume stuff here… I remember finding this lovely bar in Antwerp one night and trying to get through as many different beers as I could… got to about 6 and I was fucked… some of them at 11-12%.

1 Like

Stella is the Belgian version of Harp. Only lads in council estates in border towns drink it over there.

2 Likes

Isn’t Artois in France? Proper Belgians wouldn’t go near that French piss.

Christ

1 Like

I’d say if you went over to Belgium and ordered a Stella, they’d look at you as if you were some uncultured oaf

Maybe he’ll organise a sampling night for SCR residents. Didn’t even know what the Neutradol was to be honest. Turns out the Mrs got in for the smell of dog and my various sports shoes littered around the hallway.

You get a finer Stella in mainland Europe with the paper over the cap than the Stella brewed in Coventry for the English market.