The Sobriety Thread

I havent gone for a few handy ones in the local since cheltenham. I work, I am involved with a few teams that takes up 3 evenings some weeks and 4 or 5 hours most weekends. Any downtime I have is spent with my kids.

Do i miss the few handy ones…fuck yeah

1 Like

Flying it, youngsters are thriving and we’re still just about talking to each other :+1:

5 Likes

I’m off it now 15 months and haven’t looked back and i loved the drink

2 Likes

Off it for November as the suds play havoc with my nascent mo.

Without prying, did you love it too much? Were you messy with it?

I wasn’t messy with drink or anything like that generally but when I went on it, I was on it, I couldn’t have 1 or 2 or 3 pints and leave it, if I had 1 pint I’d have 10 and then feel terrible for 3/4 days, it just wasn’t worth it anymore, stopped enjoying it.

9 Likes

I’ve only had 3 pints since last July… Couple of bottles at home alright the odd night but even before the child it was sporadic… Mrs not into boozing at all.

I’m seriously itching for a day on the beer in Limerick tho… Does the soul good to let loose every now and again.

Would you still go out and socialize with lads drinking

Whatever works bro.

exactly mate… The only fucks we should all piss on are these ‘dry November’ dick wads.

Yeah I would, I certainly don’t avoid pubs or going out or anything but tend to make an early exit

1 Like

I’ve been sick and havent had an alcoholic drink since last Friday. That’s not far off a record.

I’d very rarely go for pints with the wife, but I would get out for 3 or 4 handy pints at least once a weekend.

3 Likes

I’m going for a pint now in a few minutes. Just after the gym so I need a few Guinness to help me load up the carbs.

1 Like

How are you now crátur, surely medicinal ports/brandies/hot toddies/hot rums should have entered the equation in efforts to settle you. 6 days is disturbing though. I hadn’t a drink last Wednesday week for some unknown reason. With advancing years the general advice is to keep the pipes lubricated.*

• May not be a reliable medical source.
2 Likes

Had 4 Heineken Zeros the other night, happy enough with the placebo effect

I’ll give it another go. Pity it’s still full whack.

2 Likes

Every man has his own certain amount to drink in his life and usually the lads who went hard at it when they drank like you describe reach that time much earlier…

1 Like

I’d miss a couple of glasses* of decent red wine at the weekend sitting in but could pack in beer altogether I think.

*bottles

13 likes. There was a time an uxorious post would have invited opprobrium rather than exaltation. A real sign of the constant evolution and reimagining maturity of tfk.

And none of the extra taxes that are on pushing up prices on alcoholic beverages. Cunts are coining it

2 Likes