The Sobriety Thread

:eek:

I plan on having three or four handy pints after my soccer match Saturday afternoon but that will be it. A quiet Jan and Feb on the horizon.

Not signing in. Plan to sample some craft beers in New York next week.

I havent drank since Saturday night. Was basically on a non stop session since October. I’m glad its over and I won’t drink to excess for at least 3 weeks.

Friday night to sunday night

Signing in. Not touched a drop since New Year’s Eve and do not intend to until January 25.

Back running as well, aiming for a 10k at the end of February.

[quote=“croppy_boy, post: 884142, member: 306”]Signing in. Not touched a drop since New Year’s Eve and do not intend to until January 25.

Back running as well, aiming for a 10k at the end of February.[/quote]

5 mile race in Ferrycarrig this Sunday if you want to gauge your fitness.

Did a 5k at home over Xmas. Just over 24 mins but had only run twice since the marathon.

Have a bit to do but a decent base to set out from.

[quote=“croppy_boy, post: 884200, member: 306”]Did a 5k at home over Xmas. Just over 24 mins but had only run twice since the marathon.

Have a bit to do but a decent base to set out from.[/quote]

Not bad going. Plenty of runs in the South East in the coming weeks and months too.

Signing in as of now.

I had a few pints last Friday and I’ll have a few this Friday. And maybe Saturday. And so it will continue.

[quote=“croppy_boy, post: 884142, member: 306”]Signing in. Not touched a drop since New Year’s Eve and do not intend to until January 25.

Back running as well, aiming for a 10k at the end of February.[/quote]
where is this?

I lasted two and a half days. I am weak and my wife is weaker. We went out for a bite, had an alcohol free beer each first up, both thought fuck this, and ordered a pint and a bottle of wine for the next round. Been good since Sunday though.

Duncannon, Co Wexford

St James GAA 10k

[quote=“croppy_boy, post: 884229, member: 306”]Duncannon, Co Wexford

St James GAA 10k[/quote]

Hope it’s better organised than the last one. I heard it was a shambles.

Dunno. I wasn’t there last year myself.

:mad:.

Come at me bro.

Day 9. Seriously tempted to crack open a bottle of wine earlier but the moment has passed.

Fucks sake Fagan, what’s the point in that bullshit at your age. Forget the Dion Dublin misfortune and plough into a couple of glasses of whiskey for yourself. All this sobriety cack is for pussies.

Liver is shot Boxty.

Be strong, Fagan.