The Sobriety Thread

alcohal,sugar,caffeine and vegtable oil are killing you

rid yourself of them

[quote=“The Wild Colonial Bhoy, post: 897136, member: 80”]alcohal,sugar,caffeine and vegtable oil are killing you

rid yourself of them[/quote]
Everything is killing you pal.

Into work for 7:58am. Roughly two hours earlier than usual.

This sobriety business ain’t too bad at all.

[quote=“Thrawneen, post: 901246, member: 129”]Into work for 7:58am. Roughly two hours earlier than usual.

This sobriety business ain’t too bad at all.[/quote]

@Bandage will be seething.

I’ll mug that fathead off good and proper by the year’s end. He’ll be shining my fucking shoes.

Having a severe think about it, for up to six weeks after this weekend.

Obviously as you all no doubt speculate im in great shape but i think knocking the hooch on the head will have me in fitness model range, and sure what harm can that do before the start of the championship.

The main thing is to have plans for the weekend i reckon…

I had done 35 days until Friday and was expecting to enjoy my first few pints in over a month, sadly I didn’t really enjoy them one bit. Back on the wagon as I have no interest in drink at the moment.

+1

drank on saturday for the first time in ages, felt like shit yesterday and not great today, im off it now for a while, back to fasting and feeling on top of the world

I can see through your plan already, pal.

[quote=“The Wild Colonial Bhoy, post: 901300, member: 80”]+1

drank on saturday for the first time in ages, felt like shit yesterday and not great today, im off it now for a while, back to fasting and feeling on top of the world[/quote]
We’re kindred spirits, bro. Out on the lash on Saturday for the first time this year. Felt like shit all day yesterday and not my usual bright and charming self this morning either. It’s not worth it-I’ll knock it on the head now until maybe Paddy’s weekend.

+1

Saturday was bottle of Goose Island pre dinner, half a bottle of wine with dinner, a rum cocktail after dinner

Woke up grand Sunday morning. Poached eggs and bacon and watched MOTD which I had recorded.

Moderation for me from now on.

My life has improved immeasurably since knocking the booze on the head. I’ve a stag at the weekend which is very unhelpful but I’m more interested in banging Polish girls than drinking vodka so I’m not too worried about what will be an inevitable pause in my sobriety. I’ll get back on the wagon next Sunday night and get to my meeting on Tuesday and get inspired again.

Who knows, maybe I won’t even take a drink. :cool:

If I long in here over said weekend, I know that my pals @The Wild Colonial Bhoy[/USER] ,@[USER=1052]Rudi[/USER] and @[USER=1537]Horsebox will be on hand to keep me strong with some timely words.

That’s a huge comfort.

[quote=“Thrawneen, post: 914496, member: 129”]My life has improved immeasurably since knocking the booze on the head. I’ve a stag at the weekend which is very unhelpful but I’m more interested in banging Polish girls than drinking vodka so I’m not too worried about what will be an inevitable pause in my sobriety. I’ll get back on the wagon next Sunday night and get to my meeting on Tuesday and get inspired again.

If I long in here over said weekend, I know that my pals @The Wild Colonial Bhoy[/USER] ,@[USER=1052]Rudi[/USER] and @[USER=1537]Horsebox will be on hand to keep me strong with some timely words.

That’s a huge comfort.[/quote]

Well done Thrawneen. You’ve done the hard yards, spending the weekend sober is not beyond you I’d say.

As Davey Fitz suggests, you should savour every moment. Your weekend experiences with polish women will be greatly enhanced by staying dry.

I haven’t drank since Dec 7th. Was mean to go on a bender last weekend but it didn’t happen and I wasn’t too bothered.

[quote=“Thrawneen, post: 914496, member: 129”]My life has improved immeasurably since knocking the booze on the head. I’ve a stag at the weekend which is very unhelpful but I’m more interested in banging Polish girls than drinking vodka so I’m not too worried about what will be an inevitable pause in my sobriety. I’ll get back on the wagon next Sunday night and get to my meeting on Tuesday and get inspired again.

I’m here for you, bro. Take the €300 or so you would have spent on booze in Krakow and have yourself a fuckfest over there that Caligula would be proud of.

[quote=“count of monte cristo, post: 901290, member: 348”]Having a severe think about it, for up to six weeks after this weekend.

Obviously as you all no doubt speculate im in great shape but i think knocking the hooch on the head will have me in fitness model range, and sure what harm can that do before the start of the championship.

The main thing is to have plans for the weekend i reckon…[/quote]
No doubt even a hint of blue in the sky and the jersey will be whipped off after the game as you stride to the sideline.

Inspirational story.

Wow!

I woke up on Saturday morning after only having 2 hints after work on Friday evening.

It is fucking bliss but that’s not going to stop me drinking this weekend.

[QUOTE=“Thrawneen, post: 914496, member: 129”]My life has improved immeasurably since knocking the booze on the head. I’ve a stag at the weekend which is very unhelpful but I’m more interested in banging Polish girls than drinking vodka so I’m not too worried about what will be an inevitable pause in my sobriety. I’ll get back on the wagon next Sunday night and get to my meeting on Tuesday and get inspired again.

That’s a huge comfort.[/QUOTE]

Hope you have got through the weekend alright, mate. We are here for if you need it.

IBD X