The Sport of Kings & Equine Matters 🐐

I’m on Novellist, so I’m not thrilled at him being drawn in 12. But it could have been worse. Ditto for Kizuna. They will have to be very good to win from those boxes, Treve will have to be exceptional to win from that draw against this calibre of opposition.

[quote=“thedancingbaby, post: 841588, member: 48”]There’s a cracking card at Tipperary on Sunday and there’s clowns here discussing the draw bias for the Arc :rolleyes:

This thread is fucked[/quote]

It’s the most prestigious flat race in Europe with the winner bagging €4.5 million. If you can’t understand why people are talking about it then you are the clown.

[quote=“Mac, post: 841594, member: 109”]You’re some gobshite. The best chaser this country has produced in decades is running tomorrow and you’re talking about a card in Tipperary? jog on.
[/quote]
Rattled stage 7

You’re discussing Sunday’s racing and instead of talking about the 2 cracking hurdle races and intriguing looking chase in Tipp, you’re spouting nonsense about what trap a horse will like in France.

We can discuss Sizing if you wish, but something tells me you’d be more interested in Ascot or Newmarket.

Clown

[quote=“Sandymount Red, post: 841597, member: 1074”]It’s the most prestigious flat race in Europe with the winner bagging €4.5 million. If you can’t understand why people are talking about it then you are the clown.
[/quote]
I think I speak for hundreds of thousands when I say, give me a maiden hurdle at Clonmel instead please

The WORLD, mate, not just the biggest deal in Europe. Let the stick jumpers wallow in their inferiority complex.

The only way Orfevre gets beat in the Arc is if he beats himself… like he did last year.
He is the best horse in the world by a mile.

Then start a fucking thread about it and give us some peace you tiresome gobshite.

[quote=“thedancingbaby, post: 841601, member: 48”]Rattled stage 7

You’re discussing Sunday’s racing and instead of talking about the 2 cracking hurdle races and intriguing looking chase in Tipp, you’re spouting nonsense about what trap a horse will like in France.

We can discuss Sizing if you wish, but something tells me you’d be more interested in Ascot or Newmarket.

Clown[/quote]

Not at all mate. Given the runt is on his stag and kid chocolate is still drunk I assumed no others were available to discuss NH. given you jumped straight to Tipp it enforces my opinion.

[quote=“His Holiness Da Dalai Lama, post: 841606, member: 1503”]The WORLD, mate, not just the biggest deal in Europe. Let the stick jumpers wallow in their inferiority complex.

The only way Orfevre gets beat in the Arc is if he beats himself… like he did last year.
He is the best horse in the world by a mile.[/quote]

I don’t think any horse has ever won an Arc after losing in it’s first attempt. Orfevre lost in a weaker race last year and has it all to do. I certainly wouldn’t be taking 5/2 about it.

Here’s an interesting stat…
Total prize money won by the runners in Sunday’s Arc - €27.5 Million
Total prize money for all NH races in Ireland in 2012 - €22.9 Million

Those kind of stats are dumb. They have absolutely no grounding in any kind in any kind of reality.
The Yanks like to trot out stupid stats like that…
“you can’t win the KY Derby off of more than 5 weeks lay-off, it’s never been done”… along comes Barbaro.
“you can’t win the KY Derby with less than 3 starts as a 3yo, it’s never been done”… along comes Big Brown.
“you can’t win the KY Derby without a previous start on Dirt, it’s never been done”… along comes Animal Kingdom.

Save a bizarre sideways jump into the rail, Orfevre was the winner Arc last year. He beat himself. There is nothing in the race in the same class.

Would the fact that he had to drag himself from box 18 into prime position on bottomless ground not have been a bigger factor in his eventual defeat?

He ran out of gas dramatically in the final furlong. A better draw would have won him the race.

3 to 9 are probably the best Arc draws so we’re not too bad in 11 Mac I reckon especially as he’ll be held up and not produced until late. ROTW has the plum draw in 6 but Coolmore have supplemented Leading Light which doesn’t exactly suggest a great degree of confidence behind ROTW(unless LL will act as a pacemaker but surely to fuck not, he’s a classic winner) The hot favourite Oferve has a nice draw too in 9, Treve however will be doing well to win from 15 and if Al Kazeem had even a whiff of a chance before he certainly doesn’t now from widest out 18.

Im happy to be on my one at 16s anyway. As a reasonably lightly raced 3yo he’s got more scope for improvement than most in the field and has been trained to a tee for this. If he avoids bad luck or a jockey fuck up I reckon we’re in with a serious chance.

I would have thought this thread would be the place to discuss maiden hurdles, no ??

So you discussed trap bias in Longchamp instead :smiley:

Of course, as you keep telling us, you can’t stand the flat, isn’t that right mate :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m backing Maarek in the Prix de l’Abbaye

Novellist a fucking non-runner:mad:

Last time I’m ever having an ante post bet on this race:(

[quote=“Fagan ODowd, post: 841636, member: 706”]I’m backing Maarek in the Prix de l’Abbaye
[/quote]
Just make sure he’s well drawn before you part with your cash Fagan

Thanks pal. Trap 7.

[quote=“thedancingbaby, post: 841635, member: 48”]So you discussed trap bias in Longchamp instead :smiley:

Of course, as you keep telling us, you can’t stand the flat, isn’t that right mate :p[/quote]

Bang on the money mate

Only bet today in Gowran on Acapulco Gold. Watching brief in the rest. Can’t wait to see Sizing Europe out again, can make a case for all 5 at the top of the market so one for me just to sit and watch.