The Sport of Kings & Equine Matters 🐐

Also FP - Have you changed your crazy mentality of not having a bet early season?

Snap on puffin billy

Puffin was lifeless back at Cheltenham that time. Just think he lacks the class. Un Atout would have a serious chance at 2m if they run him in that division. Looked every inch a chaser last term and ran a more than credible 4th in supreme having walked through a couple of hurdles and was a very inexperienced horse at the time.

Balder Sucess cant run in big fields.

Definitely. Was over the top when he ran in April and scoped poorly after been beaten by the very good Jeremy Scott horse.

Run him at the front and he won’t know , in any case he’s a grade 2

Just watched the Supreme again
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8fYzdy-Wug

Don’t see your angle with the Puffin, he’s well beat here, and again at Cheltenham a month later, doesn’t especially look like he enjoys the Cotswolds either. Great race that Supreme, Jezki could make them go in the Champion Hurdle this year. Un Atout definitely the one to take from that race with regards to novice chasing.

[quote=“The Tipping King, post: 846189, member: 681”]Just watched the Supreme again

Don’t see your angle with the Puffin, he’s well beat here, and again at Cheltenham a month later, doesn’t especially look like he enjoys the Cotswolds either. Great race that Supreme, Jezki could make them go in the Champion Hurdle this year. Un Atout definitely the one to take from that race with regards to novice chasing.[/quote]
Travelled into race well until blundering two out where he lost all chance.

[quote=“fenwaypark, post: 846163, member: 276”]Could well do, serious tool giving his optimum conditions.
[/quote]
Serious horse alright but has to go right handed.

Punchestown, Down Royal, Kempton, Fairyhouse, Punchestown will be his season I’d say

Did I yell ye dunguib is back

[quote=“The Tipping King, post: 846189, member: 681”]Just watched the Supreme again

Don’t see your angle with the Puffin, he’s well beat here, and again at Cheltenham a month later, doesn’t especially look like he enjoys the Cotswolds either. Great race that Supreme, Jezki could make them go in the Champion Hurdle this year. Un Atout definitely the one to take from that race with regards to novice chasing.[/quote]
Not to worry, you didn’t see our angle on SC 2 years ago either and now your tipping him for the George + GC double :slight_smile:

:slight_smile:

Everyone seems to forget I was the first one to rave about SC when he made his hurdling debut, I built him up for a career as a top chaser. He disappointed on chasing debut, I went against him and said he wouldnt win a grade 1 as a novice (he didn’t) and now that he has matured I can see him doing more great things this season!

[quote=“dancarter, post: 846138, member: 122”]Massive crowd in Limerick today for the charity day.

253 k raised in auction after. Top it all, Barry Connel donated ALL of Our Conor prize money for the season to the fund, nice docket to be holding!

Racing looks after its own[/quote]

Jonjo Bright is lucky (if you can use that word) that his fall happened when it did. He was at complete opposite end of the spectrum to JT. JT would want for nothing regardless of how much is raised, as JP will look after him, but for Bright this will be a massive, massive help.

I also assume by that donation from Barry Connell that Our Conor is ok? I heard down at Listowel that he had picked up a very bad virus and was touch and go to pull through, must have been bollix?

Heading to Punchestown tomorrow. Captain Arceus will be hard bet in the 1st but probably no price. Haven’t studied the card too much but I like the look of King of Oriel in the hurdle hcap and Osana will be hard to resist at a price against this lot in the 2nd last. Winners welcome if ye have any

Leinster Walk in 15.20 handicap hurdle tomorrow. Timeform view is as follows;
“Timeform says: Just poor form in 3 maiden hurdles to date, but no surprise to see his form take off now handicapping.”

Form reads … 968
Trainer … C. Roche

Bayan having his first run up the Cheltenham hill on Saturday

Is he being tested here?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BWsOxx0IAAAmalN.jpg:large

The Voice’s tip of the day fairly hacked up at Punchestown. Surprised you missed that one Mac.

That would infer that I regulalry read his tips

Looks like we’ll have to wait a year for this. Likely to bypass this season according to Willie.