The Sport of Kings & Equine Matters 🐐

Pipe entered a horse in last years CH but he never ran, and I’ve forgotten his name…

Champagne Fever goes chasing.

At this point in time, Hurricane Fly on all known form is the horse to beat.

[SIZE=6][paste:font size=“5”]
[paste:font size=“4”][/SIZE]
[/paste:font][/paste:font]
earWinnerAgeJockeyTrainerSP
2012Rock On Ruby 7 Noel Fehily P Nicholls 11/1
2011Hurricane Fly 7 Ruby Walsh W P Mullins 11/4F
2010Binocular (FR) 6 A P McCoy N Henderson 9/1
2009 Punjabi 6 B J GeraghtyNicky Henderson 22/1
2008 Katchit 5 Robert Thornton A King 10/1
2007 Sublimity 7 P A CarberryJohn G Carr 16/1
2006 Brave Inca 8A P McCoy C A Murphy 7/4F
2005 Hardy Eustace 8 Conor O’DwyerDessie Hughes 7/1F
2004 Hardy Eustace 7 Conor O’DwyerDessie Hughes 33/1
2003 Rooster Booster 9 Richard JohnsonPhilip Hobbs 9/2
2002 Hors La Loi III 7 Dean GallagherJames Fanshawe 10/1
2001 No Race (Foot and Mouth)----
2000 Istabraq 8 Charlie SwanAidan O’Brien 8/15F
1999 Istabraq 7 Charlie Swan Aidan O’Brien 4/9F
1998 Istabraq 6 Charlie SwanAidan O’Brien 3/1F
1997 Make A Stand 6 A P McCoyMartin Pipe 7/1
1996 Collier Bay 6 Graham BradleyJim Old 9/1
1995 Alderbrook 6 Norman WilliamsonKim Bailey 11/2
1994 Flakey Dove 8 Mark DwyerRichard Price 9/1
1993 Granville Again 7 Peter ScudamoreMartin Pipe 13/2
1992 Royal Gait 9 Graham McCourtJames Fanshawe 6/1
1991 Morley Street 7 Jimmy FrostToby Balding 4/1F
1990 Kribensis 6 Richard DunwoodyMichael Stoute 95/40F
1989 Beech Road 7 Richard GuestToby Balding 50/1
1988 Celtic Shot6 Peter ScudamoreFred Winter 7/1
1987 See You Then 7Steve Smith EcclesNicky Henderson 11/10F
1986 See You Then 6 Steve Smith EcclesNicky Henderson 5/6F
1985 See You Then 5 Steve Smith EcclesNicky Henderson 16/1
1984 Dawn Run 6 Jonjo O’Neill Paddy Mullins 4/5F
1983 Gaye Brief 6 Richard LinleyMercy Rimell 7/1
1982 For Auction 6 Mr Colin Magnier Michael Cunningham 40/1
1981 Sea Pigeon 11 John FrancomePeter Easterby 7/4F
1980 Sea Pigeon 10 Jonjo O’NeillPeter Easterby 13/2

sea pigeon 1981

Sad to see forum favourite Farrell’s Fancy suffer a fatal fall at the second last with the race at his mercy at Mallow today.:frowning:

judging by the way no cash flow won that bumper today, you can rest assured that Kiely mare Toe the Line is more than useful

Wait til we see MTOY before calling Champion hurdle. If he has improved again he’d be a serious challenge to any of them. I felt he’d gone through a lot before heading to Cheltenham last year. Champagne Fever’s prep was timed to perfection and he is also a serious yoke.

Going to be some Champion hurdle if they all line up

I see Henry de Bromhead has confirmed that Moscow Mannon was sent to him during the summer. He’ll start chasing in the next few weeks. Didn’t think his hurdling season was anything to get excited by. Hopefully he won’t be another Berties Dream and that he’ll kick on and show some of the form he showed in bumpers from this season.

Nice snippet on forum favourite, Bayan in today’s racing post :clap:

Sounds like Fergie got a dose of the hair dryer treatment himself here off Magnier

[B][SIZE=6]Magnier row all in the past claims Ferguson [/SIZE]
BY TONY SMURTHWAITE2:00PM 22 OCT 2013
SIR ALEX FERGUSON has claimed that his very public falling out with Coolmore Stud boss John Magnier over ownership of Rock Of Gibraltar came about as a result of a “misunderstanding on both sides” and that it did not affect his job as manager of Manchester United.

Writing in ‘Alex Ferguson, My Biography’ which was published on Tuesday, the now-retired manager claims to be on good terms with Magnier following the row and subsequent legal battle over his involvement in the champion racehorse who retired in 2002 with future stud fees estimated at £100 million.

Sporting Ferguson’s red-and-white silks, Rock Of Gibraltar became the first in the northern hemisphere to win seven consecutive Group 1 races, surpassing a record set by Mill Reef.

Ferguson writes: "My understanding was that I had a half share in the ownership of the horse; theirs was that I would be entitled to half the prize money. But it was resolved.

“The matter was closed when we reached a settlement agreeing that there had been a misunderstanding on both sides.”

In his autobiography, Ferguson notes one “awkward” situation arising from the episode when urged at a Manchester United AGM to resign over the affair at a time when Magnier was a sizeable shareholder in the club along with JP McManus.

He writes: “I have to say that at no point was I sidetracked from my duties as manager of Manchester United. It didn’t affect my love of racing and I am on good terms now with John Magnier, the leading figure at Coolmore.”[/B]

jesus, that horse TNO beat at weekend by 10L was rated 170 …he has to be the one to beat in CH

am hearing about a willie mullins horse called UN DE SCEAUX ? Anybody shed any light, he mentioning the CH for him

won a novice hurdle impressively in pun…I had forgotten him

[quote=“Lazarus, post: 850061, member: 286”]Sounds like Fergie got a dose of the hair dryer treatment himself here off Magnier

[B][SIZE=6]Magnier row all in the past claims Ferguson [/SIZE]
BY TONY SMURTHWAITE2:00PM 22 OCT 2013
SIR ALEX FERGUSON has claimed that his very public falling out with Coolmore Stud boss John Magnier over ownership of Rock Of Gibraltar came about as a result of a “misunderstanding on both sides” and that it did not affect his job as manager of Manchester United.

Writing in ‘Alex Ferguson, My Biography’ which was published on Tuesday, the now-retired manager claims to be on good terms with Magnier following the row and subsequent legal battle over his involvement in the champion racehorse who retired in 2002 with future stud fees estimated at £100 million.

Sporting Ferguson’s red-and-white silks, Rock Of Gibraltar became the first in the northern hemisphere to win seven consecutive Group 1 races, surpassing a record set by Mill Reef.

Ferguson writes: "My understanding was that I had a half share in the ownership of the horse; theirs was that I would be entitled to half the prize money. But it was resolved.

“The matter was closed when we reached a settlement agreeing that there had been a misunderstanding on both sides.”

In his autobiography, Ferguson notes one “awkward” situation arising from the episode when urged at a Manchester United AGM to resign over the affair at a time when Magnier was a sizeable shareholder in the club along with JP McManus.

He writes: “I have to say that at no point was I sidetracked from my duties as manager of Manchester United. It didn’t affect my love of racing and I am on good terms now with John Magnier, the leading figure at Coolmore.”[/B][/quote]
Sanctimonious old cunt

Nothing massively standing out for me in Thurles due to the ground being good to firm o_O so have thrown the 6 below into a placepot

Caoimhes Delight
Hunting Party
Indian Icon
Archie Meade
Do Na Paisti
Spiker the biker

[quote=“fenwaypark, post: 848853, member: 276”]Very tempted to select Our Father at 14s for Paddy Power. Will wait for entries at the end of the month.
[/quote]
Almost certain Pipe said in the RP on Tuesday that he hasn’t even come back to the yard yet FP so it’ll prob come a bit soon for him

[quote=“fenwaypark, post: 848861, member: 276”]They will rate race through Handazan. Probably put winner up 2 pounds and Bayan can expect to go up the same. Cant see it being anymore than that.
[/quote]
Winner stayed the same so can’t see Bayan going up by more than a lb or two which would be grand :slight_smile:

He was raised a lb over here

[quote=“thedancingbaby, post: 851048, member: 48”]Winner stayed the same so can’t see Bayan going up by more than a lb or two which would be grand :slight_smile:

He was raised a lb over here[/quote]

Any plans to bring him back for November?

[quote=“thedancingbaby, post: 851048, member: 48”]Winner stayed the same so can’t see Bayan going up by more than a lb or two which would be grand :slight_smile:

He was raised a lb over here[/quote]
Not surprised. Strictly through Handazan, they both should have stayed on same mark.

[quote=“Mac, post: 851050, member: 109”]Any plans to bring him back for November?
[/quote]
No Mac. Current plan is to run him in the November handicap in Leopardstown on Sunday week and then give him a break til the new year