The Sport of Kings & Equine Matters 🐐

[quote=“fenwaypark, post: 852111, member: 276”]Moon still looks reasonably handicapped but is not back to his last winning mark as of yet. Distance looks ideal and AP is a notable booking. Would not be in the least surprised if he won.

Personally, I like Ruacana. Won a Grade 1 as a juvenile and has some smart form behind Our Conor at Leopardstown. John Ferguson is in blinding form and his horses were under somewhat of a cloud last year. With that in mind, I feel that Ruacana may be better than his mark of 139. He was on the go from the flat to the jumps last year and the break may well have freshened him up. I think the extra 4f will suit aswell.[/quote]

Had flagged Ruacana as his danger alright. Any word on when we might see New Years Eve out again?

He was out in early October. He is only rated in the low 120s after last year. As stated above, the Ferguson horses were not right last year. He is definitely one to watch in handicaps this year.

What was wrong with them last year?

Dont know if anything was publicly stated, but they just seem to be under performing. With so many horses having run on the flat, its inevitable that some will have done too much racing too soon and are unlikely to reach to top echelons of the jumping game. However, I suspect that there was a bit more to it than just that last year.

Will see if I can find something from an online anorak. By the way, any reason all your bets are win only?

It’s a bit of an experiment. Going to see over the course of a season if it pays to have an extra point on the win rather than doing a place.

Are you backing yourself or just letting TFK members pay the price?!

I’m not punting.

Would be worth punting it yourself no matter how small per point it is. Personally I think your selection criteria is more rigorous when your own money is on the line.

Agree 100%

He had the build of a chaser the only time I saw him - Cheltenham bumper. I was very impressed by him

Was expecting great things from him last year in the novice hurdle division. If you said to me that he would be rated low 120s at the beginning of this season, I would have thought you were nuts.

Emma lavelle is in unbelievable form and runs last year’s smart novice chaser Highland Lodge in the big handicap at Wincanton tomorrow. He has won first time out the last two seasons but there is not too much juice left in the price at 4-1.

Harry Fry’s Karinga Dancer looks a horse to follow. They may postpone chasing to see how far up the hurdling ranks he can go. Looks to have a big engine.

[quote=“fenwaypark, post: 852160, member: 276”]Emma lavelle is in unbelievable form
[/quote]
Saw no racing today FP…was Timesremembered impressive ? Remember backing him ew in a bumper in Fairyhouse at Easter and collected a few quid *

• Almost certain Bayan won his maiden the same day :slight_smile:

[quote=“thedancingbaby, post: 852164, member: 48”]Saw no racing today FP…was Timesremembered impressive ? Remember backing him ew in a bumper in Fairyhouse at Easter and collected a few quid *

• Almost certain Bayan won his maiden the same day :)[/quote]
    Very impressive, really relished the deep ground.

As well as royal regatta, also like lovcen in the pertemps qualifier at aintree. I’ve read the off season wind op has made a marked difference . 5-1 in an 8 runner is a nice ew bet

[quote=“fenwaypark, post: 852160, member: 276”]Was expecting great things from him last year in the novice hurdle division. If you said to me that he would be rated low 120s at the beginning of this season, I would have thought you were nuts.

Emma lavelle is in unbelievable form and runs last year’s smart novice chaser Highland Lodge in the big handicap at Wincanton tomorrow. He has won first time out the last two seasons but there is not too much juice left in the price at 4-1.[/quote]

Think you suggested backing him in the Supreme Novices ante post to me at one point and I was shocked at how poor that turned out to be. Had to be more to it.

It is a nice bet except that they’ve all now qualified to run in the pertemps final in Cheltenham in March by finishing in the first 8. My new found discipline doesn’t allow me to bet in those races!

Mac i think they will go back chasing with him. I would be pretty sure after all his travails that the hand brake will be off today

Won the grade won

KC,
I don’t think they will go back chasing. He seemed to absolutely hate it, and never had a go at any of his fences. They may well go down the world hurdle route, in the belief that it is a very open division.

Hellorboston was a very decent bumper horse. That maiden hurdle is very interesting.

Inishturk Lad in next in Wex. Ran well for long way in good mdn in Pun recently at big price. Decent EW bet at 6 today hoping he comes on for that run