The Sport of Kings & Equine Matters šŸ

Conservatively between 30-40. Unlike JP, he is in the business to make money from the game. He only buys quality and so would have no where near the number of horses in training like Gigginstown and JP.

Rumours that he wanted Mullins to be his personal trainer. Bullshit Iā€™d say to be honest.

[quote=ā€œdancarter, post: 858579, member: 122ā€]About 50 il guess.

He got a 45 m stg bonus a few years ago and 18m stg the day he left the place o no fear of him. How did he end up with Mullins I wonder? He must be leaving willie the bones of 40 k a month if Iā€™m right about the no of horses[/quote]

Easily that amount per month Iā€™d say. No idea how he ended up with Willie. Iā€™d say Willie is happy to have him though. Has apparently had awful problems getting paid in the last few years. Hence why he got involved in Gigginstown horses apparently.

[quote=ā€œfenwaypark, post: 858585, member: 276ā€]Conservatively between 30-40. Unlike JP, he is in the business to make money from the game. He only buys quality and so would have no where near the number of horses in training like Gigginstown and JP.

Rumours that he wanted Mullins to be his personal trainer. Bullshit Iā€™d say to be honest.[/quote]

If he wants to make money from it he should have tried to get into the flat scene. I doubt winnings are even covering his costs at the moment, let alone turning a profit. Heā€™s paid some extortionate prices too. Donā€™t think Iā€™d class any of his horses as top top class either. Wonder does he buy himself or is it on Willies recommendation.

Great interview with my avatar on ATR at the moment. The man is a pure legend. Glad heā€™s opened up more in recent years so people see this side of him.

Willie buys em

Per RP he had 35 different runners in Ireland over jumps and another couple on the flat last season. Add in a few that didnā€™t make a racecourse and it is some ticket for Mullins

I dont know Mac, Iā€™d say a fair few have earned prize money far in excess of their cost.

I would not mind owning some of his stock to be honest:)

He had 835 k stg prize money last year. Cover the OPEX but the CAPEX is well gone!

Edit. 2.3 m prize money. Last 7 seasons to date.

Heā€™s def spent 5 m quid on the stock

[quote=ā€œdancarter, post: 858592, member: 122ā€]Willie buys em

Per RP he had 35 different runners in Ireland over jumps and another couple on the flat last season. Add in a few that didnā€™t make a racecourse and it is some ticket for Mullins[/quote]

Elliott used to charge 29 euro a day so even at that level its around ā‚¬370k training fees a year, before vets fees, entry fees and travel costs.

[SIZE=6]Rich Ricci banking on Irish trainer Willie Mullins[/SIZE]
[SIZE=4]RICH RICCI and his wife Susannah have burst onto the National Hunt scene in a big way in Ireland, yet are not that well known to English racegoers.[/SIZE]
By: Patrick Weaver
Published: Tue, March 5, 2013

0Comments

http://images.dailyexpress.co.uk/img/dynamic/74/590x/ricchi-381918.jpg Rich Ricci (in the sunglasses) celebrates another success with jockey Paul Townend (left)

Though they live in Kent, the fun-loving couple decided from the outset to put all their eggs in one basket - that of Willie Mullins, the Irish champion trainer based in Co Carlow.

And why not? Mullins is as cool and calm a professional as his English counterparts can be edgy and difficult with owners.

To have 30 horses with Mullins gives Ricci an excuse - if one were needed ā€” to jet off and experience ā€˜the craicā€™ from November to April when his business commitments at Barclays Bank head office allow.

The Riccis have spent well over ā‚¬5million on their horses to date - not including training fees - and are proof that money can buy happiness and success on the racecourse when placed in the right hands.

They may not get back what they put in financially but Mullins has bought the Riccis some of the best young stock in Ireland and France - some of which will be running at Cheltenham next week.

Pont Alexandre, 5-2 favourite for the Neptune Investment Novicesā€™ Hurdle on the Wednesday, is their likeliest winner according to both Mullins and Ruby Walsh.

A winner at Cholet in Central France last May, the five-year-old is unbeaten in two starts on heavy in Ireland.

http://images.dailyexpress.co.uk/img/dynamic/74/590x/secondary/14191.jpgWillie Mullins has been tasked with bringing more success to Rich Ricci

I could not be more happy with him

Willie Mullins

ā€œI could not be more happy with him,ā€™ā€ said Mullins.

"He has answered every question weā€™ve asked and I imagine heā€™ll be even more effective on good to soft.

question weā€™ve asked and I imagine heā€™ll be even more effective on good to soft.

ā€œIā€™d rate his chances very strongly.ā€

ā€œIā€™d rate his chances very strongly.ā€

Not that Arvika Ligeonniere, 8-1 for the " Not that Arvika Ligeonniere, 8-1 for th Arkle on Tuesday, had done much wrong before falling at Leopardstown last time. He is another Walsh is looking forward to riding and there can not be a better each-way bet on the first day.

Ballycaseyā€™s likely target is the Albert Bartlett Novicesā€™ Hurdle on Friday. He is 4-1 joint favourite with At Fishers Cross, though the Riccis also have Champagne Fever in the race.

A winner of his only bumper last winter, and both his hurdles starts this season, the grey may lack a turn of foot but will be chasing next season, and a Festival win next week would be seen by all concerned as a bonus.

Other horses likely to carry the Ricci pink and green colours at Cheltenham, Fairyhouse and Punchestown this spring include Annie Power, Champagne Fever, Tarla, Unika La Reconce, Blazing Tempo, Touch The Eden, Blood Cotil, Zaidpour, Mikael dā€™Haguenet and Vesper Bell.

Asked for one to follow, Mullins opted for Annie Power.

ā€œShe has the size and scope to be anything,ā€ he said after she made it six wins from six ā€œShe has the size and scope to be anything,ā€ he said after she made it six wins from six starts at Naas last month. ā€œWith a summerā€™s grass, she can do nothing but improve but in the meantime there is a Grade One maresā€™ race at Fairyhouse for her.ā€

Win or lose next week, you can bet Ricci will be laughing all the way back to the bank after Cheltenham - that is the nature of the beast.

He is in it for the craic after all.

Iā€™d agree with Willie (!) that Annie Power is the pick of the bunch. Hopefully she doesnā€™t need the same minding as Quevega. Speaking of Quevega, Iā€™d say her owners are the only ones whoā€™ve made money from the NH game in the last few years as owners whoā€™ve been involved for a while and leaving the obvious one like the Our Conor lads asideā€¦

Quevega
Thousand Stars
Jā€™y Vole (sold at a profit I believe)
Twigline

Thatā€™s the stuff most syndicates would dream of.

And would Ricci have a 10k or 100k on one of his horses such as Champagne Fever?

Looking at tomorrows card - 3 graded races in Navan, and Ruby is off down in Limerick on an average enough card. Seems bizarre,

I am going out to Limerick tomorrow. I think Ruby only has 2 rides including the Paparazzi Kid

Un Beau Roman
Paparazzi Kid
Moonandsixpence

You could do worse than throw an e/w treble on them.

[quote=ā€œMac, post: 858636, member: 109ā€]Un Beau Roman
Paparazzi Kid
Moonandsixpence

You could do worse than throw an e/w treble on them.[/quote]

hmm, could do a win, all look like being 2/1 to 7/2.

[quote=ā€œMac, post: 858603, member: 109ā€]Iā€™d agree with Willie (!) that Annie Power is the pick of the bunch. Hopefully she doesnā€™t need the same minding as Quevega. Speaking of Quevega, Iā€™d say her owners are the only ones whoā€™ve made money from the NH game in the last few years as owners whoā€™ve been involved for a while and leaving the obvious one like the Our Conor lads asideā€¦

Quevega
Thousand Stars
Jā€™y Vole (sold at a profit I believe)
Twigline

Thatā€™s the stuff most syndicates would dream of.
[/quote]
The Core Syndicate have made money mate

Glad theyā€™ve had more luck than the In Vino Veritas Partnership. The Wilde at Heart Syndicate hope to follow in the Core Syndicates footsteps.

Has anyone read Paul Carberrys autobiography and would they recommend it? Where is Carberry these days out of interest, is he injured?

I read it, thought it was a very good read. He is out injured at moment, due back shortly.