The Sport of Kings & Equine Matters 🐐

Mac,
Zarkandar was not disgraced both years he ran in Champion Hurdle but at no point did he look like he could win. In fact both years were a carbon copy of each other i.e. outpaced before staying on well.

He will never run in the Champion Hurdle again and is being campaigned as a World Hurdle horse.

I see that Zarkandar has been given an entry in the fighting fifth.

I have the winner of the Champion Hurdle lads;)

Go on.

Looking back at last weekend, as impressive as Melodic Rendezvous was, I can’t see him troubling the judge in the Champion Hurdle. It looks like it’s going to be an incredible renewal, with Hurricane Fly still the one to beat for me.

Also, I think Very Wood is going to achieve more at the game than Minella Foru. Race was set up for Minella but liked Very Wood’s attitude in the latter part of the race.

Looking ahead, I’ll be keeping a watchful eye on Sametegal in the Greatwood Hurdle due to Bayan’s proximity to him at Cheltenham. I’ll be backing Thomas Edison if he gets the green light to run. No doubt he’s well handicapped. Got badly hampered early on at Down Royal before running on for 3rd.

Texas Jack interests me in the Paddy Power but he also has an entry in the Clonmel Oil chase on Thursday

I see Sanctuaire entered for the Clonmel Oil chase in Ricci colours under Willie Mullins. An odd purchase, no? With Champagne Fever, Arvika etc would they not be buying more 3/4 year olds from France?

[quote=“thedancingbaby, post: 859728, member: 48”]
Texas Jack interests me in the Paddy Power but he also has an entry in the Clonmel Oil chase on Thursday[/quote]
And it’s off to Clonmel he goes.

[quote=“thedancingbaby, post: 859728, member: 48”]Looking back at last weekend, as impressive as Melodic Rendezvous was, I can’t see him troubling the judge in the Champion Hurdle. It looks like it’s going to be an incredible renewal, with Hurricane Fly still the one to beat for me.

Also, I think Very Wood is going to achieve more at the game than Minella Foru. Race was set up for Minella but liked Very Wood’s attitude in the latter part of the race.

Looking ahead, I’ll be keeping a watchful eye on Sametegal in the Greatwood Hurdle due to Bayan’s proximity to him at Cheltenham. I’ll be backing Thomas Edison if he gets the green light to run. No doubt he’s well handicapped. Got badly hampered early on at Down Royal before running on for 3rd.

Texas Jack interests me in the Paddy Power but he also has an entry in the Clonmel Oil chase on Thursday[/quote]

Good to get insight for who the voice will be tipping up this weekend and the future in advance.

[quote=“Mac, post: 859954, member: 109”]Good to get insight for who the voice will be tipping up this weekend and the future in advance.
[/quote]
What are you on about ?

I would be interested in him tomorrow for this. Tends to improve alot for first run after a break. I have always suspected that he was better going righthanded. Can see AL and RL taking each other on up front, the former maybe very fresh for its first run aswell.

This is from Navan the other day. Great pic but I think Lynch could do with bringing Flemestar a bit closer to the fence before takeoff
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BY0O1n7CUAAqcQ-.jpg:large

The new one bar injury

No

The fly?

Yes

Twitter has informed me that Charlie Swan is selling stable tours at €100 for 2 people :confused:

Ground looks like going against Katenko, must be good chance that he’ll be a NR. Gone for Walkon as a cover.

The money is starting to come from Nadiya de la Vega - worth noting.

:clap::clap:
The greatest hurdler of all time

Who can stop him?
Our Conor - Too young
The New one - Too slow
My Tent or Yours - 2nd to Champagne Fever = Not good enough
Jetzki - Flat Track Bully
Rock on Ruby - Not a 2 time Champion
Zarkandar- Exposed
Who’s left?

Binocular:p:D(With apologies to Puke, Runt, Mac, KC etc)