The Sport of Kings & Equine Matters 🐐

Agreed. I put RE up few days go. Prob under bet vs NDLV who’s connections will always hav supporters. Again today form around che proved to be they key

Can someone translate this for me please

Not being smart FP.

Would you mind explaining thought process behind Spring Heeled. Wouldn’t have thought he would get the trip. But I’m basing on past performance rather than view about breeding or action etc

[quote=“dancarter, post: 860880, member: 122”]Not being smart FP.

Would you mind explaining thought process behind Spring Heeled. Wouldn’t have thought he would get the trip. But I’m basing on past performance rather than view about breeding or action etc[/quote]
No problem Dan.
Thought he ran a blinder in Munster National, with the winner going in again next time out. I think he just got done by toe over the last rather than been outstayed by the winner. I actually think he will appreciate the extra 3f and stiffer track here. He needs good ground which he gets and the fact that Barry Geraghty is booked again means a good run is expected.

Dan,
Here is what BJ said in his blog
im Culloty has booked me for SPRING HEELED (1.50) in the 3m 3f Murphy Group Handicap Chase.
Jim had toyed with the idea of running in the preceding novices chase but this is the right option because when I rode him for the first time on his latest start when he tried three miles for the first time at Limerick last month he ran a cracker to finish two lengths second to 15 to Double Seven who’s won a listed chase since.

The one thing he did that day was stay on strongly and I feel this extra test will bring him on again and he was well suited by the good ground that day which he’s going to get here.

Lads , if colour squadron reproduces his best novice form he’ll skate in here. I think Hobbs has his horses right, they weren’t quite firing last year

He has serious mental issues KC, I could never part money on a horse like that.

a 10EW…at those odds…I am not sure he has mental issues of was green/immature
You’ve put up Walkon !

[quote=“Kid Chocolate, post: 860920, member: 553”]a 10EW…at those odds…I am not sure he has mental issues of was green/immature
You’ve put up Walkon ![/quote]
What mental issues has Walkon?

The same ones as Mayo, he wont win…soft

Talking about horses with mental issues while recommending lads back Jim Culloty horses?! I must be drunk.

I would totally disagree with that. I dont think I have ever heard anyone describe Walkon in those terms.

Walkon has won 9 of his 27 lifetime starts. Not a bad strike rate for a suppose ‘soft’ horse;)

we’ll know tomorrow, I cant get away from CS, massively unexposed, Champion Court is the one that i’d back if he wasn’t in it. I can see the rationale behind Rad Express but at a similar stage last year I was al over frisco depot and SWC gave him 2 dreadful rides so I made my decisions then re his pilotting.

Walkon is a NR KC.

I put up Attaglance at 33s subsequently.

I’m not giving up on The Romford Pele yet. That was an awful race, the went a snail’s pace for most of the start and it developed into a sprint. TRP needs a true run race to be at his best.

I agree, be interesting to see what mark he gets. could be interesting in a handicap at festival.

you could do the same for harchibald and It would also look great but don’t tell me he hadn’t head issues and bags of talent

Ah KC, you are not serious…

about what?