The Sport of Kings & Equine Matters šŸ

Fantastic bit of riding from Townend on Diakali there.

I thought Jezki was very good there. Got to the front too soon. You would imagine that the searing pace of a champion hurdle would be right up his street. His hurdling could be slicker.

Have Jetski, the Don and Sizing Venezuela in a treble Ā£30 treble. Hereā€™s hoping Venezuela wins the bumper:pint:

good luck puke.

Fecker artic fire cost me a treble last week slipping up! Youā€™d have to assume heā€™d have won after todayā€™s run, I think youā€™ll collect chewie . Fenton animal is useful but heā€™s not considered special by any means but Fenton will have him primed to run well so SV will have to battle it out from furlong pole and needs to be ready

Arctic fire is definitely one to keep on right side of. This could be a pretty informative day come March, particularly with the ground the way it is. Listening to Elliot after Drinmore, Iā€™d say heā€™d like to aim Don Cossack at Jewson rather than RSA. Must be a fair chance with the former now a Grade 1.

Very disappointing from Sizing Venezuela, he never quickened

Looked well off the standard. Moght need the run but that was very disappointing

Royal regatta hosed up 1-1

A friend of mine who works in racing media just confirmed this likelihood.

The Don :clap:

just re-watched card now, I thought JEskiā€™s run was dreadfully average, esp for a second run. Didnā€™t seem to like going RH at all, very sketchy jumping, but the acceleration away from the last when asked was the telling piece. No doubt McCoy has his mind made up already. On that performance id be very surprised if he were to trouble the 4 principles (Our Conor, The New One, The Fly , MTOY). Proximity of a non speed horse like Zaidour at the line was all you needed to see, his highlights last year were coming second to our stayer brigand of Monkland, So Young and Bog Warrior. Workman like would be an over statement I feel. Donā€™t think heā€™s a che horse and his last 2 runs up the hill there were not what iā€™d be looking for

Drinmore also disappointing for me. Don Cossack got up well but in a classier field that wouldnā€™t have happened. I think heā€™s a soft gnd horse and will be found out for pace in the Jewson on gnd around Che. I thought something would put in a real round of jumping on that gnd and pull clearā€¦all nnice horses but could you say you say the class required for a Neptune? Maybe RSA on Sft.

The royal bond was a the best race of the day, I do think there are real contenders here. The Tullow Tank is a super looking animal and a real galloper. Gnd will not be an issue as weā€™ve now seen. HE is possible a nice AP bet for the Neptune but I get the feeling heā€™s a little big and scopy and a quicker/slicker type might get him but sure to be involvedā€¦looks like a monster chaser in the makingā€¦3rd also looked useful and the type (compact , slick) that could really improve with another run or 2

The bumper winner is clearly improving at a rate but the manner in which he ran would suggest to be he is plenty wound up fitness wise and youā€™d expect something better to emerge, Willie at least has a good benchmark now

Fenton animals are in top formā€¦we wont see Last Installment until the new year which is a pity

[quote=ā€œKid Chocolate, post: 868449, member: 553ā€]just re-watched card now, I thought JEskiā€™s run was dreadfully average, esp for a second run. Didnā€™t seem to like going RH at all, very sketchy jumping, but the acceleration away from the last when asked was the telling piece. No doubt McCoy has his mind made up already. On that performance id be very surprised if he were to trouble the 4 principles (Our Conor, The New One, The Fly , MTOY). Proximity of a non speed horse like Zaidour at the line was all you needed to see, his highlights last year were coming second to our stayer brigand of Monkland, So Young and Bog Warrior. Workman like would be an over statement I feel. Donā€™t think heā€™s a che horse and his last 2 runs up the hill there were not what iā€™d be looking for

Drinmore also disappointing for me. Don Cossack got up well but in a classier field that wouldnā€™t have happened. I think heā€™s a soft gnd horse and will be found out for pace in the Jewson on gnd around Che. I thought something would put in a real round of jumping on that gnd and pull clearā€¦all nnice horses but could you say you say the class required for a Neptune? Maybe RSA on Sft.

The royal bond was a the best race of the day, I do think there are real contenders here. The Tullow Tank is a super looking animal and a real galloper. Gnd will not be an issue as weā€™ve now seen. HE is possible a nice AP bet for the Neptune but I get the feeling heā€™s a little big and scopy and a quicker/slicker type might get him but sure to be involvedā€¦looks like a monster chaser in the makingā€¦3rd also looked useful and the type (compact , slick) that could really improve with another run or 2

The bumper winner is clearly improving at a rate but the manner in which he ran would suggest to be he is plenty wound up fitness wise and youā€™d expect something better to emerge, Willie at least has a good benchmark now

Fenton animals are in top formā€¦we wont see Last Installment until the new year which is a pity[/quote]
Could not disagree with you more about Jezki. Cant see him out of first three and if Barry Geraghty rides (assuming AP chooses MTOY) it will only enhance his chance.

At this moment in time, he is the one Iā€™d be most keen on.

fen, heā€™s now won a Grade 1 and a Grade 2 this season and I expect his mark from last year wont have changed come Monday, donā€™t see it, maybe thereā€™s still improvement there heā€™s only 6

KC,
He was beaten in his first run as a novice by Glam Gerry. On his second run he was only workmanlike in beating Ally Cascade. On his next three runs, he won a Grade 3 and two Grade 1s. He is a horse that improves with racing and by all accounts he carried some condition today.

His defeat at Cheltenham had more to do with a lack of a run between Christmas and Cheltenham and IMHO a poor ride by Power, than any track bias.

Jessie wont make the same mistake this year. Barry Geraghty is 4 for 4 when riding Jezki.

AP dis not touch him today and let he won comfortably in a truly run race over 2m4f. He looks like a hurdler unlike MTOY and think he is open to a hell of a lot of improvement as year progresses.

Again, only in March will we know for definite.

His hurdling needs to improve, but you could say the same about MTOY and TNO. Cant wait to see Our Conor.

Maybe, Iā€™ve got McCoy and the handicapper on my sideā€¦donā€™t think geraghty will be available . Youā€™ll have puppy fighting your corner :slight_smile:

I have never backed Jezki, but will have a decent punt (maybe:)) ew if he is bigger than 6s come March.

ok, what did you think of the other races?

Iā€™m warming to Jezki too. No-one has mentioned the Timmy Murphy story. Heā€™s off at the moment with a shoulder injury he sustained fighting Dominic Elsworth in the weighing rooms. :smiley:

Thought the filly was outstanding and looks to have excellent claims for Triumph. Nicholls horse that won on Friday at Newbury was ultra impressive but race was run in slowest time on the card.

You could not be but impressed with DC and I would back him tomorrow morning for Jewson if I knew for definite that was the target. If he goes there, he will be close to favourite which makes odds of 16s look very generous. I must watch the race a couple of more times, especially the run of Road to riches. Art of Logistics looked woefully outclassed.

The Tullow Tank looks a chaser and so I would not be keen on him for championship novice races at Festival. Arctic Fire looked very unlucky and I would say that odds of 20s for Supreme look a bit generous.