The Sport of Kings & Equine Matters 🐐

[quote=“fenwaypark, post: 868034, member: 276”]Never said that KC. If you read back you will see that I heard the same as DB. I much prefer substance over hype.
[/quote]
And right you were proved FP. Hope you backed him

[quote=“fenwaypark, post: 868052, member: 276”]we may have seen winner of Triumph there.
[/quote]
Quotes of 12/1 very fair

Arctic Fire definitely one to take out of race from naked eye. Haven’t seen replay but looked very unlucky

I’m not punting DB. I thought he did that very well, form behind the Liquidator was rock solid.

I personally haven’t witnessed anything yet to suggest The Fly is ready to be dethroned FP. Long time til March mind you

I would tend to agree. His performance at Punchestown was exceptional. I would question whether the up and down nature of Prestbury Park sees him at his optimum best and yet he has won two Champion Hurdles. He is a way overpriced at the moment.

The next generation are more hype than actual substance at this point in time. The one horse who potentially could be head and shoulders above this crop is Our Conor. Of the others, I think Jezki is open to much more improvement than MTOY and TNO.

Didn’t watch the 3yo race yet but the triumph winner normally emerges end jan for first run, those 3yos don’t like the winter hardship we have to offer them here. Our record in that race is apalling.

Agree but Analifet was the only one on offer yesterday who’d have any chance come March. Don was put in his place by a proper horse at Punchestown last time and will be again. The 1st 3 home in the Royal Bond are all worth keeping an eye on but doubt their genuine Grade 1 class. Jetzki hasn’t a hope in the Champion Hurdle. He’s a nice horse but you could see yesterday why connections were reluctant to take on the Fly. I backed him in the supreme novices last year and his tendency to make mistakes at critical times cost him there and if anything he’s gotten worse. It was a good days racing alright but no stars on show Im afraid.

Two I like who have put down genuine Cheltenham markers so far this season are Felix Younger(will win whatever Champagne Fever doesn’t go in) and Apache Stronghold who looked pure class at Navan. With Mullins pair of Faugheen and Briar Hill have very strong hands in both the staying novice hurdles as per usual.

[quote=“Lazarus, post: 868902, member: 286”]Agree but Analifet was the only one on offer yesterday who’d have any chance come March. Don was put in his place by a proper horse at Punchestown last time and will be again. The 1st 3 home in the Royal Bond are all worth keeping an eye on but doubt their genuine Grade 1 class. Jetzki hasn’t a hope in the Champion Hurdle. He’s a nice horse but you could see yesterday why connections were reluctant to take on the Fly. I backed him in the supreme novices last year and his tendency to make mistakes at critical times cost him there and if anything he’s gotten worse. It was a good days racing alright but no stars on show Im afraid.

Two I like who have put down genuine Cheltenham markers so far this season are Felix Younger(will win whatever Champagne Fever doesn’t go in) and Apache Stronghold who looked pure class at Navan. With Mullins pair of Faugheen and Briar Hill have very strong hands in both the staying novice hurdles as per usual.[/quote]
opinions is what makes this such a great sport.

So is backing winners. Sadly I was struck by a bad dose of Mac-itis yesterday and landed home so poor the bank had to repossess my cardboard box:(

Madison du berlais RIP
Invictus also suffered career ending injury

Looks like Al ferof and Mount Benbulben are pricewise for King George.

I’d be interested in Teelin Star tomorrow if there was mkt movement

Tom Segal knows

Any word on Sacre’s tests this morning ?

Polish Partisan out in another maiden today against a Mullins hotpot

oscar zulu is worth a small ew today.

Shrewd tip from a shrewd Cork punter for a horse trained by a shrewd Cork trainer with a cute Kerry hoor onboard - I think I can read between the lines on this one…

Sprinter ruled out of Tingle Creek

Non runner now. The Mullins shot will go off 1/10 or more. Can see a fair few non triers in this race. Nothing to take him on with though.