The Sport of Kings & Equine Matters šŸ

Confirmed?

[SIZE=6]Flemenstar being given time[/SIZE]
[SIZE=5]Flemenstar is set to have a scan next week as connections seek to discover the extent of the problem that ruled him out of the John Durkan Chase at Punchestown. [/SIZE]
http://www.sportinglife.com/img/sui.gif
Cheltenham Festival. Click here to bet.

Flemenstar: Set for a scan

The eight-year-old suffered a knock on his off-fore leg two days before last Sundayā€™s big race and his trainer Tony Martin has been giving the injury time to settle down.

ā€œHe is good. There is no difference with him from last week. We will have more news with him when we get him scanned next week, so we will know a lot more then,ā€ said the County Meath handler.

ā€œHe got a bang last week, and we are just giving it plenty of time and cooling it out before we do any tests on him. The longer we give it, the better it will be for him.ā€

Flemenstar won the John Durkan 12 months earlier when trained by Peter Casey but owner Stephen Curran sent him to Martinā€™s stable in September.

Reading between the lines, Iā€™d say he is gone. Looks tendon related, so not going to chance him.

[quote=ā€œfenwaypark, post: 873671, member: 276ā€][SIZE=6]Flemenstar being given time[/SIZE]
[SIZE=5]Flemenstar is set to have a scan next week as connections seek to discover the extent of the problem that ruled him out of the John Durkan Chase at Punchestown. [/SIZE]
http://www.sportinglife.com/img/sui.gif
Cheltenham Festival. Click here to bet.

Flemenstar: Set for a scan

The eight-year-old suffered a knock on his off-fore leg two days before last Sundayā€™s big race and his trainer Tony Martin has been giving the injury time to settle down.

ā€œHe is good. There is no difference with him from last week. We will have more news with him when we get him scanned next week, so we will know a lot more then,ā€ said the County Meath handler.

ā€œHe got a bang last week, and we are just giving it plenty of time and cooling it out before we do any tests on him. The longer we give it, the better it will be for him.ā€

Flemenstar won the John Durkan 12 months earlier when trained by Peter Casey but owner Stephen Curran sent him to Martinā€™s stable in September.

Reading between the lines, Iā€™d say he is gone. Looks tendon related, so not going to chance him.[/quote]
Yeah would agree it does not look good. Sorry for the horse but delighted for connections, karma is some bitch.

Shame,
Looked a right good horse as a novice.

Maybe if the owner hadnā€™t been pricking around in trying to train the horse himself and left it to the professionals heā€™d have been fine. No real sympathy for him.

[quote=ā€œMac, post: 873680, member: 109ā€]Maybe if the owner hadnā€™t been pricking around in trying to train the horse himself and left it to the professionals heā€™d have been fine. No real sympathy for him.
[/quote]
Harsh

Iā€™d say the same if yourself and the voice took Bayan away from GE in mid season and trained him yourselves for a few weeks and then handed him back to GE on the Monday before a big race for him not to have a notion of what youā€™ve done or how fit the horse is. He set Casey up to fail with his antics. If you send a horse to a trainer you entrust him to do everything right by the horse. Sorry if its harsh but the owner is as much to blame for the horse not fulfilling his potential as anyone else.

I was there the day he won the Irish Arkle and he should have kicked on from there and become a superstar on the back of it - one of the most impressive performances Iā€™ve ever witnessed. All the pricking around with him since has been such a pity.

Have to agree with mac here, I have followed him for the past few seasons and he he appears to have under-delivered

I know what mac is saying but I was delighted when I heard flemenstar had moved yards. It meant we didnā€™t have to put up with his former trainerā€™s father talking shite before and after every race.

Owner pays the bills. He can do what he likes

[quote=ā€œthedancingbaby, post: 873775, member: 48ā€]I know what mac is saying but I was delighted when I heard flemenstar had moved yards. It meant we didnā€™t have to put up with his former trainerā€™s father talking shite before and after every race.

Owner pays the bills. He can do what he likes[/quote]

Its well known that P had damn all to do but it gave racing some PR which was no harm. However the horse needed a serious trainer behind him to get proper success and I know where youā€™re coming from. Grand, the owner pays the bills. But when he needlessly gets involved then he only has himself to blame. You donā€™t see Rich Ricci, Gigginstown, Graham Wylie or JP taking their horses out of a stable to train them themselves (with the exception of JP bringing the odd horse down to Martinstown for a spot of ā€œR&Rā€)

Agree with curran training the horse himself - ridiculous

So you agree with all I say then? :stuck_out_tongue:

what do you recommend Mac?
single gunshot wound to the back of the horseā€™s head? seems to be the usual way if he is not going to win

@Bandage FYI in case the ISPCA are lurking, may need to have a word with a few people on this thread about their posting

[quote=ā€œmickee321, post: 873809, member: 367ā€]what do you recommend Mac?
single gunshot wound to the back of the horseā€™s head? seems to be the usual way if he is not going to win

@Bandage FYI in case the ISPCA are lurking, may need to have a word with a few people on this thread about their posting[/quote]

Back of the head? You really havenā€™t a clue mate. Being up at 3am has your brain warped.

Put up French Opera in 1.15. Well handicapped on the best of his form. Goes well at course and overpriced at 14s in a very open race.

go on, enlighten usā€¦

A superstar.

:smiley:

Eh itā€™s a horse mate.

[quote=ā€œthedancingbaby, post: 873775, member: 48ā€]I know what mac is saying but I was delighted when I heard flemenstar had moved yards. It meant we didnā€™t have to put up with his former trainerā€™s father talking shite before and after every race.

Owner pays the bills. He can do what he likes[/quote]
Rich owners pay training bills, punters and taxpayers pay their prizemoney and know only too well how good horses get dicked around by idiot owners. We all love the game but anyone who thinks they ā€˜can do what they likeā€™ belongs in the sewer.

Midnight Oscar wins the 1st at Doncaster tomorrow

Came 4th