The Sport of Kings & Equine Matters 🐐

A fine two days in Leopardstown. A pleasure to see a genuine superstar such as the Fly today and a cracking race in the lexus yesterday.

Only downside was not getting to see Mac or TDB

[quote=“ciarancareyshurlingarmy, post: 879655, member: 464”]A fine two days in Leopardstown. A pleasure to see a genuine superstar such as the Fly today and a cracking race in the lexus yesterday.

Only downside was not getting to see Mac or TDB[/quote]

I’d say you saw me but didn’t realise it :wink:

@kidchocolate, Boston Bob returns over hurdles tomorrow at Punchestown.

Who we on today lads?

Sole Survivor at 16s is worth a small speculative few quid is the last at Haydock (3.35). Coming back from long layoff but has gone well fresh in past. Its a shocking race but he showed some ability once upon a time. He is readily available at 16s.

Amuse Me in the 12.40 in Taunton

Did you pull that out off your arse you clown? :smiley:

that’s a serious clamping right there, a mugging off in fact

That cunt is still running. Mac should stick to getting mugged off by artfoley

@Mac mugged the whole board off yesterday telling us to back a series of loosers - shameless stuff, he clearly is some bookies’ lackey and gets a right laugh from seeing people loose money

Mistake at the 4th and then didn’t try. Typical JP horse. He’ll be off again soon.

Mac u bullshitter.

Yes, I’m the bullshitter alright

Found out on the horse thread pal

Disappointing …you’d read it correct

Glad to hear you’re following it mate. You’ll no doubt have backed Chicago, Jupitor, Sure Reef, Benefficient, King of the Picts, Cause of Causes and a few others over Xmas following my suggestions which will have won you a few quid.

A stopped clock is right twice a day. More in you line to make a list of the donkeys you have put up. Leave it to the professionls like chewy lewie

Sole Survivor ran a nice race.

[SIZE=6]Monsignor dies aged 19[/SIZE]
[SIZE=5]Dual Cheltenham Festival winner Monsignor - latterly an equine ambassador for ex-racehorse charity Homing Ex-Racehorses Organisation Scheme (HEROS) - has died aged 19. [/SIZE]

The chestnut gelding was put down on Friday after injuring his left fore in the field at home at North Farm Stud in Oxfordshire. Earlier in the year he’d damaged the tendon in the same leg and HEROS decided that the injury was too severe to put him through any more treatment and box rest.

Monsignor won eight of his 10 career starts with victories including a defeat of Best Mate in the Grade One Tolworth Hurdle as well as the 1999 Champion Bumper and the Royal and Sun Alliance Novice Hurdle, which he took in record time, at the following year’s Cheltenham Festival.

Comebacks were often mooted but he never returned to the track after that victory and was retired due to a tendon injury and was gifted to HEROS by owner Malcolm Denmark in 2006.

In his retirement he was an equine ambassador for the charity - going out to racecourses in “Meet the Racehorse” sessions and parading at Lambourn and Epsom open days.

Last year he was asked to carry the Olympic Torch and Frankie Dettori around the parade ring at Ascot.

“I have known him for what seems like forever and he will leave a huge gap in our lives,” Grace Muir of HEROS told www.horseandhound.co.uk.

“He was a great character, a kind and gentle giant who nevertheless had a great zest for life. A huge thank you to Monsignor for all he has done for HEROS and we will always treasure the times we had with him”.

[SIZE=6]Tizzard still believes in ace Card[/SIZE]
[SIZE=5]Joe Tizzard isn’t afraid of Cue Card taking on Silviniaco Conti in the Betfred Cheltenham Gold Cup…if he lines up[/SIZE]

Trained by his father, Colin, Cue Card was a brilliant winner of the Betfair Chase at Haydock over three miles and a furlong but some observers have, again, been questioning his stamina following his defeat in the furlong shorter King George VI Chase at Kempton Park.

Even his trainer seemed unwilling to commit to the Gold Cup immediately after the Boxing Day highlight with the possibility of the seven year old dropping in trip to defend his crown in the Ryanair Chase not dismissed.

His jockey, however, is far from convinced that would be the right move for the stable star and was delighted with the performance at Kempton.

“I got the feeling turning in that he was going every bit as good as he could have been. He’s still run an absolute blinder, you know,” he told At The Races.

"The ground was against him and I look forward to taking the other horse on again on good ground.

"He pinged the second last and within 100 yards I felt him come under pressure. And then when Silviniaco Conti has got in front, he hasn’t come any further away from us.

"You can’t say he didn’t get the trip. It’s not as if he turned in and then went from being in front to finishing fourth. I think it turned out to be a cracking run. We went a true gallop all the way. He jumped super and got into a cracking rhythm.

“I think Paul [Nicholls] and Noel [Fehily] had a good game-plan,” he commented. "They sat close, virtually touching me all the way, so I was never able, at any stage, to get in front and fill him up.

“I was starting to come under a bit of pressure [going to the second-last fence], but I thought I had enough to keep me going. But generally it was a good run and the best horse on the day won.”

Cue Card has finished either first or second on five of his seven starts at Cheltenham and Tizzard jr believes that a return to the Gloucestershire venue could help the King’s Theatre gelding.

“If you travel around Cheltenham, it probably suits you even better than Kempton. You can get to the top of the hill and fill up and fill down the hill, so although we haven’t decided which race we’re going for there, we definitely wouldn’t be afraid of it [going for the Gold Cup], that’s for certain,” he added.

Cue Card is an 8/1 chance with Sky Bet for the Gold Cup; the same firm make him their 5/2 favourite for the Ryanair Chase while he can be backed at 6/1 for the BetVictor Queen Mother Champion Chase.

Whichever race he will ultimately contest in March, Colin Tizzard revealed it will be his next start with Cue Card due for a short break before the spring festivals.

“He ran a cracking race. There’s just a little issue why from the second-last to the third-last he stopped. We’ve done the tests and they were perfect so I just assume it was the stamina,” he said.

“That race is a thorough test and he got outstayed on the day. His best track is Cheltenham. He won’t race again until the Festival. We’ll hack him around for a month and bring him back full of beans.”