The Sport of Kings & Equine Matters 🐐

Giving Texas Jack one last chance tomo.

Having said that, if Last Instalment is 70% of the horse he was, he pisses up.

What price will LI be tomorrow? Tissue prices say 5/2 but I’d be amazed if he’s bigger than 2’s

He won’t get a hard race tomorrow , might still be good enough, not a backing proposition

He’s 7/2 with Coral at the moment

[quote=“TreatyStones, post: 887922, member: 1786”]What price will LI be tomorrow? Tissue prices say 5/2 but I’d be amazed if he’s bigger than 2
[/quote]
7/2 at moment.

NORTH YORKSHIRE trainer John Quinn has paid tribute to his pupil assistant Sean McGuinness, who has died in his sleep aged 24.

Quinn’s team has been left rocked by the death of the former BHA graduate, who had hugely impressed during his time working in racing.

The trainer, who took on McGuinness in March, said: "Sean and I were working together on Tuesday at twenty to five at evening stables. He went off home at five, went for a run and went to bed and never woke up this morning. The paramedics tried to revive him, but they couldn’t.

"It is a tragedy to lose your life like that at only 24 years old. I broke the news to the lads this morning after first lot and they were all devastated. I feel so sorry for his poor mother and father, especially as he was an only child.

“I think he rode three or four winners in Ireland. He was a strong lad, who would ride out, break yearlings, everything. We are all very saddened.”

BHA director of raceday operations and regulation Jamie Stier said: "We are saddened to hear of Sean’s passing.

“It is a testament to Sean’s dedication and his love of racing that when he was informed in 2005 that he would not be able to pursue a career as a jockey that he did not give up on his dream to work in the industry and eventually attained a place on the grad scheme.”

Jaysus that’s awful.

Went up 13 pounds to 158. No Coral Cup for him!

very interesting run from junior today in Exeter…

The 7/2 is tempting though.

yes, he is as fit as a flea apparently…

Bit of money for Quito this evening - 5s from 8s

@Fagan ODowd for what its worth, the following would interest me tomorrow

2.15 Aibrean
2.45 Argocat

Would expect a big run from Gold Patrol in the 3.15 too but he’ll need something to go wrong with the front 2 to be placed.

Une Artiste will surely win the next?
11/10 looks a decent price.

They didn’t come all the way to Thurles just for the Oxtail soup.

[quote=“TreatyStones, post: 888227, member: 1786”]Une Artiste will surely win the next?
11/10 looks a decent price.

They didn’t come all the way to Thurles just for the Oxtail soup.[/quote]

That was a cracking race.
Hard to call who got there, but I’m thinking Gerathy.

[quote=“TreatyStones, post: 888231, member: 1786”]That was a cracking race.
Hard to call who got there, but I’m thinking Gerathy.[/quote]

JP wins it

Money coming for Last Instalment now.
100/30 into 5/2

I threw a tenner on at 3’s so I could watch the race.

LI a little bit keen, Cooper has a tight hold on him.

That’s a great run from LI. They can’t but be happy with that.
Should bring him on a ton.

[quote=“TreatyStones, post: 888246, member: 1786”]That’s a great run from LI. They can’t but be happy with that.
Should bring him on a ton.[/quote]

Did he win?