The Tennis Thread

Yeah - hoping the same for Bandage’s sister…

[quote=“north county corncrake”]nadal & Williams for me

Federer was a broken man after the French so this could be Nadals time

no one player dominates in the tennis so Ill go for Williams as she has a good record in SW19

[/quote]

Kudos NCC

I dont know if I missed something here NCC but which Williams are you talking about?

thats the thing Flano- i was fairly confident they would get to the final - after that its not about tennis- they make a decision as who is to win over the dinner tbale the night before- im not privvy to that decision so cant get anymore speicific im afraid

Did you see Venus yesterday getting very annoyed at that suggestion during the press conference?

Its like when Owen faced Bret at Wrestlemania 10. It was decided by Stu who would win. Fact.

yeah, what would you expect though

Federer beats Safin in straight sets

Williams is leading Williams 5-4 in the first set of the women’s final. It’s a close battle so far - Williams was actually leading 3-1 before Williams broke back and has now forgd ahead. It’s too close to call but if I had to pick a winner then I’d go for Williams.

Can’t wait to see young Briton Laura Robson in the girl’s final later on. Can she be the first Birtish winner since Annabel Croft in 1984?

Quite looking forward to the men’s final now and will go for Nadal in 5.

I hate the Williamses.

A fantastic battle in place at the moment between Federer and Nadal. The two best players in the world by a mile competing against each other and very little between them.

Federer serving to save the Championship - 6-5 down in fourth set…

this is a brilliant match

This will go down as one of the all time classics…

Unbelievable stuff…

[quote=“farmerinthecity”]This will go down as one of the all time classics…

Unbelievable stuff…[/quote]

what a fucking game- sensational stuff

delighted Nadal won

best game ive ever seen, 2 absolute legends at their peaks

Fuck me.

Nadal wins it 9-7 in the last.

Four and a half hours they were out there.

Federer pulled out an unbelievable return at Championship point but then Nadal came again…

One of the all time great sporting battles…

Great advert for a sh-t sport. Really enjoyable game. Felt a bit sorry for Federer at the end.

Steady on lads. At the end of the day, it’s only tennis. Hardly a real sport.

Was watching this in Quinns yesterday. The whole place was enthralled by it! Best game of tennis I have ever seen. Will go down as the best match of all time.

dont normally watch tennis but saw this from the first tiebreak on. Nadal pulled off a few amazing shots but every time federer was in trouble he pulled it out of the bag with big winners.

Nadal had numerous break points but each time Federer smacked an ace with his next serve…

If that had been anyone else Federer would have rolled over them in the last set but not Nadal. He just wore Federer down with brilliant shot after brilliant shot. His serve wasn’t broken in the entire match except in the tie breaks…

I don’t think I have known of a sport where two players are so far ahead of the rest…