The TFK Nightwatchman Thread

I woke there.

Iā€™m awake myself and I should be unconscious

An absolute hape of pints, joints and cans tonight. I had forgotten that clocks came round to this time.

Sitting on the jacks pissing out my hole. I canā€™t wait to thank the child in the morning for infecting me.

What an unhealthy lot you are.

1 Like

Soft as fuck

1 Like

Signing in. And I have to drive to Dublin at 6 oā€™clock. :sob:

Getting up at 6 too, littlest finally passed out after 2 hours on the go, only problem is my left arm is trapped. FML. Still, asleep so thereā€™s that at least.

1 Like

Little bollix awake for 3 hours. Just gone asleep now.

Iā€™m now watching Calvary, fitting, the Priest knows he dead and heā€™s just waitingā€¦Mrs Goode isnā€™t very happy with me after something or other earlierā€¦ Iā€™d say getting shot on a beach be grandā€¦

3 Likes

Havenā€™t been able to sleep right since December. Maybe 3 or 4 hours a night. Itā€™s beginning to take its toll.

1 Like

Night is darkest before the dawn mate

You should see a doctor mate, or failing that judging by your spelling, a primary school teacher.

Sounds like anxiety. Try and find the source and work on eliminating it. Have you tried pulling the stomach off yourself?

5 Likes

Harsh, heā€™s one of the better young posters. On a site increasingly populated by old farts.

1 Like

It was a friendly jibe at my good e-pal @anon32894817 He knows no malice was intended.

2 Likes

I would have went through a similar experience in 2ā€™15 and my tfk bros were both helpful and supportive. As labane said if its an underlying issue youā€™ll have to face and address that. No shame in getting help. Otherwise the old reliables of no caffeine in the evening and what really worked for me anyway, no phone, tablet or laptop screens for at least two hours before bed. Read something not overly tense, a good history book or bland formulaic gaa autobiography should help. @horsebox suggested lavender scented candles, the fact he was will to open himself to such ridicule to help out a stranger on the internet touched something inside of me.

Thereā€™s an insomnia thread too btw.

7 Likes

Please donā€™t put @Horsebox and the phrase ā€œtouched something inside of meā€ in the same sentence again please.

3 Likes

Who hurt you fitzy? Who took the laughter away?

Signing in.

Thought the fascia and soffit was detaching from the house there with the wind.

Great advice from @maroonandwhite

Youā€™ll get through the day on 3 or 4 hours but it takes its toll on the body and fucks the immune system too.

If youā€™re a light sleeper and noise is an issue then having a white noise device beside the bed helps. This YouTube clip works just as well to be honestā€¦ And costs nothing
https://youtu.be/oewj_XEM1js

2 Likes