The TFK Nightwatchman Thread

Vomiting bug has struck. Spent last hour scraping the worst degree of shit off the eldests bedclothes. Not a fucking thing escaped, duvet cover, duvet, pillow cases, pillows, sheet, mattress protector, and donā€™t start me on the teddies, the poor fuckers were like Nam survivors. Actually one thing survived, thank fuck for a mattress protector, saved a grand mattress from the worst degree of smell Iā€™ve encountered. Canā€™t wait to get a shower, I was in it up to me oxers as herself calmed the child back to nod, but currently smoking in the jocks outside lookin up at the moon wondering how different Saturday nights were once upon a time.

Anyway, panic over, all sleeping soundly as I wait for the teddies to come out of the dryer and will quietly drop them into the welcoming arms of the poor divil and slope off for a well earned shower.

Go well my brothers.

8 Likes

Youā€™ve certainly upped it since @Bandage baby news and the increased scepticismā€¦

6 Likes

Much like tasottis rapist, itā€™s a case of go hard or go home

How ye

3 Likes

More tired than a knacker after riding all 18 of his sisters and one of his mothers

Youā€™re clearly a wonderful father

3 Likes

Sold a heap of club lotto tickets in parralel with drinking a heap of pints. A hell of an evening. Thank fuck they are all asleep here, I gave an all merciful bang to the door on the way in

Are you making tae?

Iā€™ve it drank, 2 lovely slices of white toast with it.

2 Likes

Canā€™t beat it.

1 Like

Tiā€™s rare to get a quiet moment in this house, Iā€™m enjoying it.

1 Like

When youā€™re going to bed you should tie some pots and pans around your ankles. They wonā€™t hear a thing with all the noise

1 Like

:eek:

Itā€™s ok bro, Iā€™m sure your youngster will never get sick.

Just out from the youngest, teething. Took the opportunity to empty the duvet onto the rack, and pop in the pillows. The sunrise is disappointing this morning.

3 Likes

Signing out, all childer awake and in great form, remember that @bandage and @briantinnion, no matter how bad the night, theyā€™ll eventually always sleep, and they bounce back remarkably quickly.

Us on the other hand, we donā€™t bounce so good no more :crazy_face:

6 Likes

God be with you @anon98850436

@Bandage donā€™t worry about all this shit.

With one sprog itā€™s heaven. Make sure herself feeds from the tap and later that the local does baby bowls.

Youā€™ll have another year and a half with a designated driver and loads of sneaky pints at lunch or dinner.

Timing of the feeds at the start is paramount though.

Iā€™d get home from a hard day working for the man around 6.30/7pm (donā€™t start rushing home), stop for a pint if early, never give false hope.

Ms Goode would have the dinner made for me and would feed the little lad around 8pm and go to bed. Me the caring father would stay up and watch over him and the telly, having the occasional Heineken. At 11.30/12 when he woke, Iā€™d call the bean an ti to takeover and Iā€™d go to bed. She would look after him and get back up at 4.30/5. Iā€™d be grand and although her sleep broken sheā€™d be grand too with 7/8 hrs sleep.

With herself feeding, the baby really doesnā€™t give a monkeys about youā€¦donā€™t worry, play on this, it will change but it means you wonā€™t have to change nappies much either. I remember telling a work colleague I had changed 6 nappies in the first 6 weeks and they thought this strange???

Then the second comes along.

All the above changesā€¦the little things kinda form a bond with you anyway. While one is being fed or played with you really canā€™t ignore the other oneā€¦youā€™ll start bringing them places too, repeatedly and ones offs, horse riding, swimming, funky monkeys, imaginosity, play groundsā€¦itā€™s fucking endless. You donā€™t want to but for some reason you do itā€¦

These are like school trips but they happen every weekend. Now in Wexford that might have been normal growing up but in Dublin the front door was opened and we were told to come home for dinner when the Angelus rang in St Sylvesters, which at the time could be heard all over the villageā€¦now we lived under some rules, you couldnā€™t be late for dinner or you ate it cold. Cold stew on Tuesday or cold chips and eggs on a Friday ensured at a young age one learned the values of timeliness.

Anyway, after these excursions, you may say, ah I might go for a pint, depending on the week this could have a positive or negative responseā€¦ always finish that sentence with, Iā€™ll only have a few and sure Iā€™ll get up with them in the morningā€¦

Then on a Saturday or Sunday youā€™ll end up posting on this site dying of a hangover with kids drinking milk and watching The Boss Baby or Toy Story.

Dinosaurs yesterday at the Ambassador, swimming later this morningā€¦ Iā€™ll have a few pints at the Gary Og gig later tonight though.

Monday is my lie on day. Always ensure the work diary has an meeting in it and get in the office for 11. Itā€™s weird at the start but after a while people in the office start saying, oh Mr Goode doesnā€™t get in til around 11 on Mondayā€™sā€¦then you know youā€™ve cracked it.

Peter Rabbit is on hereā€¦

18 Likes

Are you sure you didnā€™t find it ?

No. Iā€™d have gone fishing hours ago if I had.

1 Like