The Trial of Officer Derek Chauvin for the killing of George Floyd

I take it the choke hold training included a bit about letting go before killing someone

1 Like

Correct, they are supposed to put him in a recovery position if he passes out. One of the other officers asked if they should do that and Chauvin said no.

Is the trial going to dig into their previous relationship ?

They were gay for each other?

So why did he do it? It wonā€™t be examined in this trial itā€™ll be down to cause of death Iā€™d imagine but thatā€™s a key question. Was he just a scumbag with a history of excessive violence, did he have a personal issue with George Floyd from before, was he on a power trip and when bystanders were roaring at him to stop his attitude was fuck you Iā€™ll do what I want and show you that. The other officers should have moved him. Weā€™re they afraid of him?

1 Like

If the defense thinks it will help their case, Iā€™m sure they will.

Some view here

His corpse tested positive for Covid. Case dismissed, he died of the Covid.

2 Likes

Watched a bit of this today. 2 paramedics in the stand. Weird. Something about the demeanour of both of them, as if theyā€™re reluctant to say anything.

Murder me bollix, itā€™ll be manslaughter and no thereā€™ll be no national outcry or rioting over the manslaughter decision. The DNC forked out enough lolly to the first set of actors. Now those satanic bastards are in they donā€™t need the services of another crowd of paid actors/activists scum.

A Lt Zimmerman, cop for 35 years, says that the force used was unnecssary after Floyd was cuffed and prone on the ground.

In other news the sky is blue

1 Like

Perhaps I should have said

If George Zimmerman is saying you used excessive force than you are in trouble

1 Like

Itā€™s actually not, itā€™s clear and colourless. You are seeing a reflection of water and nothing more

1 Like

I hope, I really, really hope, that you intended that as some sort of cackhanded ironic joke or something. Although Iā€™m inclined to believe that you just made a complete arse about it and got your ā€œwaters is blue because it reflects the skyā€ mixed up, as I dont believe the sky reflects anything at all really.

1 Like

Itā€™s pretty clear from the last few days what the defense strategy is, based on their cross examination of prosecution witnesses over the past few days. A chewed speedball of Fentanal and speed was found in the squad car with George Floydā€™s DNA on it. He had 11 ng/ml Fentanal in his blood, 7 ng/ml is enough to kill the average person. Chauvin is only 63.5 kilos and was merely restraining a much larger man who was high and resisting, the force applied was minimal and not what the videos suggest. They will argue he died of a drug overdose and not asphyxia from Chauvinā€™s actions.

I donā€™t think thatā€™s contentious though is it.
I read that the neck restraint didnā€™t damage neck structures although I suppose itā€™s going to be argued it was a stressful position which brought on the cardiac arrest.

The issue is he kept him in that position and didnā€™t render assistance once he passed out.

Itā€™s hard to see him explain that away - once suspect was no longer any threat or no way a reasonable person could perceive a threat the restraint was maintained. Heā€™s going down for it

I think he will be convicted alright, the only question is which of the three charges he will be done for. Based on what I have heard so far I think they will argue the cops were also dealing with the distraction and threat of a crowd of onlookers screaming obscenities at them.