The Ultrarunning Thread

Sorokin does it again @Tassotti !!!

198.2 miles in 24 hours, smashing his own WR.

We know what his next aim is

1 Like

I was watching yesterday, he the first 55 miles in 6 hours

1 Like

Know two lads who done this - 10 hours. They’ll sleep tonight

1 Like

You’d be fit for some feed after it

1 Like

I just ran 11k there with covid.

1 Like

10 hours 45 for a local lad here who did it. Would have been some slog in the mountains. Some of the km’s took him the guts of 20 mins, and some of those were downhill :hushed:

1 Like

Hard to run fast through a bog in the pitch dark, especially if you don’t know the route.

1 Like

There’s insanity and then there’s the likes of this. Its also missing 68km from another activity on his Strava so close to 400km overall through The Spine of the UK

That pace is what I would aspire for on a half marathon!

Took him 84 or 85 hours in end
Men’s record but Jasmin Parks ran it faster a few years ago.

1 Like

More madness here

I’ve met Damian.
As an aside, stevo started a fell race last weekend up Huddersfield direction. He made it 21k, nearly froze to death, and packed in (and he’s done the dragons back). It was self guided with no marked trail for good stretches, and he was up to his belly in the bogs a few times. The whole race was 43km and 1800m climbing. The winner did 3hrs 17 mins. :flushed::flushed::flushed::flushed:

Fucking hell. That’s proper fell racing.

Hall is an interesting character. Good environmentalist.

A younger lad finished at the same time with him. Caught him in last 50 miles or less. But he had gone off course at one stage and got a time penalty so ended up officially finishing about 40 minutes behind.

1 Like

I know a lad that did the Kerry Way, it must two years ago now. Before it he was on Strava every day, doing either a run or a cycle. He finished Kerry but apparently it broke him mentally and physically. He’s hardly been on Strava since.

I’ve just finished reading his book. A really decent read. Comes across as such an unassuming straight forward character who almost found out by accident that he’s an exceptional runner

1 Like

Exceptional would be the word. There’s a load of them both round the north of England and in Ireland. Folk so fast they’re like a different species.

A lad from Kerry has come joint 3rd. Eoin Keith, who I think won it three times including last year, is still out there

Cork :grimacing: