The Ultrarunning Thread

@Matty_Hislop @caulifloweredneanderthal

1.Running for an hour is not ultra running
2. Myain issue is not that it will cause a heart attack or is bad gor the heart. For the majority of people its the opposite.
3. My main issue is a muscoskeletal and biomechanical issue where loading too much too quick causes injuries, hatred of exercise and many other issues. Small imjuries lead to bog injuries, poor posture, brittle bones etc which leads to falls when older. Start of slippery slope.
4. Ultra running is on another level, or indeed marathon running. If nothing else they are socially detrimental pursuits.
5 Using a marathon to lose weight is dumb when there are scientifically sounder methods.
6. Its a shit study.
7. Ultra running is just cunts with no imagination just adding challenges by just adding more and more distance. There is no excitemene in it

1 Like

You are like a modern day Marco polo

1 Like

I see that Irelandā€™s top ultrarunner Eoin Keith is hoping to break the Mizen Head to Malin Head running record on April 29th. I think Keith is from Cork, which probably helps explain such oddness. Youā€™d want your head examined to be running the length of the country.

Fair fucks to him all the same. The mad cunt.

Info here by the way: https://eoinkeith.wordpress.com/2017/04/05/headtohead-chasing-dreams-and-ambitions/

2 Likes

Luis Enrique is some man for the ultras, youā€™d never think it, he has completed marathon des sables in the past, thatā€™s proper fucking running so it is

Iā€™ve seen that - he has the physique of a man who could handle an ultra. Not many can

heā€™s the kind of bloke who could turn his hand to anything Iā€™d say, a bit like myself

2 Likes

last stage of the MDS today, only 7km for charity, some very emotional scenes there yesterday for the end, 4k to enter it next year

Was reading about the ultra in Madeira yesterday, looks spectacular.

Looks like Eoin Keith is gonna smash that Mazin to Milen record:

@Tassotti
3 days and 3 hours it took. Unbelievable what the body can do

2 Likes

Does the body rule the mind or does the mind rule the body?
Moz knew the score.

1 Like

thats proper running

Newstalk right now. Some geezer whoā€™s written a book.

Unrale. Ran 350 miles without stopping before.

This lad: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dean_Karnazes

40 miles cross country in 7.5 hours today lads, it was pure fucking religion for the last 10 miles

3 Likes

Unrale.

Western States coming up soon pal. Plenty of inspiration in that

never again.

Heā€™s a bit of a knob all the same.(team Dean)

how do these cunts do it? the winner bet my by 12 mile today